Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sharp microwave/convection oven removal

My convection fan is rubbing on metal when running. I need to remove the oven to fix this. It is in my slide out and has no cabinet above it. I know of the 2 long screws under the grease screens angled into the back bracket. I can't figure out what is holding the top in. There is no way of getting to the top of this microwave so I am wondering how this thing is held in place. I took the top grill off also but can't see any screws going up into the bulkhead.
Any ideas?
2013 Winnebago Adventurer 32H.
Sharp model 1880
jpreeshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

jpreeshl I had to pull ours because the installer pinched the power cord causing a ground fault.
First remove the trim board above the microwave. Ours was just held in by friction no screws. Once the trim is removed you will see a black angle bracket going across the top of the microwave with lots of screws in it, remove the screws. After the top screws are out loosen the 2 long screws under the grease screens angled into the back bracket, You will need to put some support under the microwave as it is heavy. It hangs on edge in the back and the front drops down then you can lift it off the back edge.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

jpreeshl, the below attachment is the Winnebago drawing for the microwave installation. My attachment bucket was full so I had to become a Support before I could add the drawing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 141759CD V01.pdf (277.7 KB, 464 views)
Old 04-06-2016, 06:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
jpreeshl I had to pull ours because the installer pinched the power cord causing a ground fault.
First remove the trim board above the microwave. Ours was just held in by friction no screws. Once the trim is removed you will see a black angle bracket going across the top of the microwave with lots of screws in it, remove the screws. After the top screws are out loosen the 2 long screws under the grease screens angled into the back bracket, You will need to put some support under the microwave as it is heavy. It hangs on edge in the back and the front drops down then you can lift it off the back edge.
We've had the Sharp Microwave out of our 2013 Adventurer 32H a couple times. It comes out exactly as grtharris described. I found using an 1/8" diameter rod with about an inch on one end bent at 90* worked to remove the trim piece. Slide it carefully between the top of the microwave and the trim near one end. turn it so the bent end is behind the trim piece and gently pull.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:58 AM   #5
GG1
Winnie-Wise

The top bracket doesn't do much. The long angled bolts that go in from the bottom and the lip that it hangs on are the main supports. I used a small floor jack to lift it off the wall bracket. The problem is its VERY heavy and you cannot get yourself under it to lift it up. The microwave in my home came out easy I just moved out the stove and got under the microwave you cannot do this in the motorhome. When you put it back you must line up the long bolts perfectly with the bracket you cannot see the back of the oven when you reinstall it I tried several times before the bolts grabbed.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

GG1 YES!!! I liked to never got the long bolts in. I finally raised the front up enough to put the screws in the top bracket then the bolts from the bottom when right in.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Still can't get at the top

Ok guys, I am finally able to get back to this microwave. Thanks for all your input. I figured out which piece of trim had to come off. It is only held in there by friction which surprised me. There were 7 screws holding the top bracket in.
On the metal noise, I put it on my workbench and ran it with the cover off and of course no noise. I did notice the long angled screw that holds the microwave to the back bracket was very close to that fan. I could push it in to touch the fan. I think that was my whole problem. Got it back in and it works like a charm. Saved myself hundreds.
Thanks for the help!
jpreeshl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal