Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #1

There has been a question about the list of irv2 members coming to GNR and PARKING. I answered this in a PM, but I think it would be a good idea to let everyone know about it. Esp. for those coming to GNR for the first time.

Posted May 03, 2008 01:05 AM
There is a list of sorts. If you look at the 11 pages of posts on the ROLL CALL posts you will see what I mean. The head count is now 102. My plan is to have name tags for everyone to write their screen name and name when they arrive at the "party". That way everyone will know who they are meeting. As for the parking, this is left to the professionals. Trust me, just go where they tell you! I see that you are in the CA row. When you arrive at the grounds the parkers will park you in your designated area. The state row areas are not decided until right before the rally based on the number of coaches in that row. You can only park where they put you! You cannot move to another area once you are parked. They are dealing with 1500 to 1800 RV's and if you look at the aerial view of the rally grounds you will see what I mean. If you go on the Winnebago web site you can see last years picture. I am not sure what tent we will use for the get together. It will depend on how much bigger this party gets! We will be in the VA state row, and until we get there I don't know where on the grounds that will be. I will have an irv2 banner on our coach so if folks need info they can stop by. I will post the date and time a couple of weeks before we leave VA for Iowa. We won't be arriving until the friday before, July 18, in the afternoon. As of now, the 21st is most likely the date of the get together so we don't conflict with the other events that week. I hope this has answered some of your questions. See you in July!
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #2

There has been a question about the list of irv2 members coming to GNR and PARKING. I answered this in a PM, but I think it would be a good idea to let everyone know about it. Esp. for those coming to GNR for the first time.

Posted May 03, 2008 01:05 AM
There is a list of sorts. If you look at the 11 pages of posts on the ROLL CALL posts you will see what I mean. The head count is now 102. My plan is to have name tags for everyone to write their screen name and name when they arrive at the "party". That way everyone will know who they are meeting. As for the parking, this is left to the professionals. Trust me, just go where they tell you! I see that you are in the CA row. When you arrive at the grounds the parkers will park you in your designated area. The state row areas are not decided until right before the rally based on the number of coaches in that row. You can only park where they put you! You cannot move to another area once you are parked. They are dealing with 1500 to 1800 RV's and if you look at the aerial view of the rally grounds you will see what I mean. If you go on the Winnebago web site you can see last years picture. I am not sure what tent we will use for the get together. It will depend on how much bigger this party gets! We will be in the VA state row, and until we get there I don't know where on the grounds that will be. I will have an irv2 banner on our coach so if folks need info they can stop by. I will post the date and time a couple of weeks before we leave VA for Iowa. We won't be arriving until the friday before, July 18, in the afternoon. As of now, the 21st is most likely the date of the get together so we don't conflict with the other events that week. I hope this has answered some of your questions. See you in July!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Glenda, you sound like you have been to GNR before, this is our first time sent my resgistration in back in March and have not heard anything or received anything back is that normal and about when should I expect something?

Mike
1995 Winnebago Vectra
Mike Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #4

Have they cashed your check or charged your credit card? If so ,they will be mailing out the info packets starting this week. It will include a map of the rally grounds and your name tags. Also, if you will be having service done while there it explains the proceedure of how to sign up. As there are no sewer hookups, you can go to Friendship Hall and purchase "Honey Wagon" tickets for $15. When you place one on your coach, they will come by and dump your tanks. You do not have to be there, just make sure your hatch is open for them. We have found that two tickets will get you through the week unless you are planning on being there the week before GNR then you may need more. They also suggest that you arrive with empty black and grey tanks and a full fresh water tank. Depending on where you are parked in your row, the water faucets are usually near by, but you may have to "string" some hoses together to reach it. Your neighbors will share their hose if a few of you in your row are all filling at the same time. There are also nice bath houses throughout the grounds if you want to take "long showers" and not "Navy showers"!
See you in July
Old 05-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

[QUOTE]Originally posted by glenda1908:There are also nice bath houses throughout the grounds if you want to take "long showers" and not "Navy showers"!QUOTE]

We use the bath house for showers in order to conserve gray water holding tank space. They can get busy at times but it never takes too long before a shower is available. Despite how busy the showers may be, Winnebago has a great crew (hired, I'm sure) that keeps them clean.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I was just at Forest City and asked the WIT folks about the GNR. They are sending the confirmation packets out as we speak -- should be at our door in the next couple weeks.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Waiting in line for a shower is a great time to meet new friends.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote