Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Billed as "over 800 RVs" this show was a disappointment. I think there was about 35 motorhomes in the show, the rest was travel trailers and pop-ups. And there were only about 7 Winnies in the whole show: 2 Adventurers, 2 new aspects, a Minnie, a new Voyage, and a Sightseer.
So, there wasn't much to look at. And the prices were higher than last year ($8 for vehicle parking and $9.50 admission per adult). Not worth it.
This RV show seems to have gone downhill repeatedly over the past 4 or 5 years. What suprised me was the lack of Winnebagoes, knowing of at least three dealers in NE Ohio were present, but they didn't bring any Winnies. I did not see any Itasca products at all.
The "queen" of the show appeared to be a Travel Supreme Select, diesel pusher, 45 footer, with four flat screen tvs and a working fireplace (LP) in the living room. Lotsa glitz and accent lights and mirrors. Show price was about $348K I think.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Billed as "over 800 RVs" this show was a disappointment. I think there was about 35 motorhomes in the show, the rest was travel trailers and pop-ups. And there were only about 7 Winnies in the whole show: 2 Adventurers, 2 new aspects, a Minnie, a new Voyage, and a Sightseer.
So, there wasn't much to look at. And the prices were higher than last year ($8 for vehicle parking and $9.50 admission per adult). Not worth it.
This RV show seems to have gone downhill repeatedly over the past 4 or 5 years. What suprised me was the lack of Winnebagoes, knowing of at least three dealers in NE Ohio were present, but they didn't bring any Winnies. I did not see any Itasca products at all.
The "queen" of the show appeared to be a Travel Supreme Select, diesel pusher, 45 footer, with four flat screen tvs and a working fireplace (LP) in the living room. Lotsa glitz and accent lights and mirrors. Show price was about $348K I think.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I agree Tom. First, the price of parking and admissions is crazy.
The vendor rows suck. The M/H selection is very little, especially class A's. I did kinda like the Alegro Bay's. I didnt spend alot of time in them, but they seemed to compare with the Adventurer's prices but had some more bells and whistles and I liked the cabinetry.
I do also like all the full body paint jobs now over mine!!
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ISLAPP:
...I do also like all the full body paint jobs now over mine!!Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Mike, Are you going to have a new Allegro by Tiffin in your driveway by Spring?

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:02 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Mike, I hear ya on the full body paint... -A really nice option.
Say, I noticed now that the new Voyage (ex Brave) is fitted with the Kwikee brand leveling jacks and slide mechanism. Last year Winnie only put them on the Sightseers. The Kwikees must be working out OK if Winnie's decided to expand their use. I'd like to hear from someone who has the Kwikees and see what issues, if any, they've encountered. I may post this separately.
Two things that I really like about the Kwikee jack system are the larger diameter (10 inch?) base plates and the fact that they use two-way cylinders (they power up, as well as power down; -no more springs and solenoid valves on the jacks).
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

No George,
No new rig this year!! I was surprised, I guess, at their apparent quality. Guess I never had really checked into them in the past. The woodwork is very different than the normal stuff you see in that price range, and their counter tops and showers, etc., were of nicer quality than the Winnies, etc.

Tom,
Although I havent had a problem yet with my HWH's, I could see some merit to that piston for lifting them up rather than a spring system.
Mike

P.S. I looked briefly at the class C with the 5500 Chevy chassis. The one was a model 37 something or another. I presume that means about 37' long including the cab. The floor plan was similar to the class A's that have the large bedroom and two slides back there. It was a large class C. Couldnt find the CCC anywhere. I think there have been some discussions already on that unit, but was surprised at the size of it. Probably has small tanks like most C's though.
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I agree. I have been attending the show since 1987, and each year the participation gets smaller and smaller. The parking costs are unreasonable and the admission charge does not truely reflect what the show provides. It appears to me that the RV dealers and manufacturers do not feel there is a sufficient market to put on a quality show. It is a "Super" disappointment.
Rick Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote