Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Installing a Dishwasher

One of the things I don't look forward to is doing the dishes several times a day so I was thinking about installing a Fisher & Paykel dishwasher in my Journey. I think I would use a lot less water & grey tank capacity although that's not the main reason.

Anybody tackled this project?

Ron
Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I haven't done that but have one in my stick house and think it would be a easy install but you would lose a little storage but it would still leave room for a drawer or two under it. Another thought to consider is to install it in another area other than under the existing cupboard. It does not have to be next to the sink as long as the drain can connect - maybe connect to the drain for the washing mach
I did custom kitchens and always encouraged my customers to think out of the box to get the best use of space
Mike D
Old 10-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Why do you wash your paper plates and cups and plasticware,I just throw them away.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I added one. Love it. 3 kids generate a lot of dishes.

I posted about it here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/dish...ion-64462.html

The password at the photobucket link should be "dishwasher" if I did it right.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all for the replies!

Macantic: most of the time we are hooked up to utilities, but when we are dry camping we do join the "Heathens" and huck the paper & plastic!

tderonne thanks for the photos. It looks like you raised your refrigerator to install the FP? Mine will be going where your oven is located. We have three drawers there now.

If I could ask, how did you hook up to the plumbing? Another question: What is the model # of your FP?

Thanks
Ron
Old 10-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Yes, the fridge needed to come up a little. Best spot I could find in our Adventurer that has an oven (and wanted to keep it). We use the dishwasher like 10 times as much though.

I actually ran the drain to the shower since it was right there. Winnebago uses standard sink drain fittings for the sink and shower so either would have worked. Just put a tee and a shutoff in the hot water supply line under the sink. Just like putting in a dishwasher at home.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

we installed one on our 40u got a new panel with one drawer (under cook top) dish drawer fit into space bellow . unscrewed old pannel installed new pannel. hardest part was to run new power line to pannel
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwing View Post
One of the things I don't look forward to is doing the dishes several times a day so I was thinking about installing a Fisher & Paykel dishwasher in my Journey. I think I would use a lot less water & grey tank capacity although that's not the main reason.

Anybody tackled this project?

Ron
I SOLD the LP Princess 3-Burner Stove that was installed in the galley, and then replaced it with the F-P Dishwasher...came out great.

I'm about to install the True Induction 2-Burner Counter Inset which fits where the previous 3 burnwers were, and it'll leave room for a 5" High X 23.5" Wide Drawer below the True Induction and above the F-P.

BTW, the True Induction runs on 15 Amp 110 Volt regular outlet, and dramatically reduces the amount of heat in the galley while cooking.

You're right about using the D/W to help organize the kitchen area...and since we already have a corian counter top and pull-off top from the stove area, it'll all look like a custom fit with more counter area when not using the induction burner.

Also, the True Induction is being installed in Winnebago all-electric coaches...but for abou 5X my distributor prices.

Pics attached...

Mikeflyme
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0624021818.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	28423  
Attached Images

Mikeflyme is offline   Reply With Quote