Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

With prices of new coaches the way they are, it makes a lot of sense keeping your current coach, and possibly improving it with a new LCD TV, flooring, etc. That's what I'm doing, and many of our customers are doing the same.

Our shop is busy during the winter months with coach upgrades, and then come spring, the normal break/fix for all your house appliances and systems.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we won't ever get another coach but for right now----Drive the wheels off!!
Mike & Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 40' 2005 Dutch Star. Two years ago we started looking around. When we realized we were going to loose at least $100,000 on our Dutch Star and another $100,000 on the new motor home a year later, we backed off. I think this economy has made us look at some of the things we've done so freely in the past.

We went to Classic Coach Works in Lakeland, FL. All totaled we spend nearly $40,000 on our Dutch Star. I always thought that was throwing away money. We were very happy with our floor plan and knew the coach was barely broke in. We put in electric MCD blinds, a new ceiling, new floors, 42 inch high def TV in front 26 inch high def in bedroom, high def dish, Boze, GPS, and had some furniture built. We now have our motor home just the way we want it. As we look around we'd have to spend thousands on anything we buy to bring it to what we have now. Until there are some drastic changes in motor homes we are staying with our old Dutch Star.

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40' 4 slide
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
2005 BMW K1200LT
vegascouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

We're getting ready to go FT, and after looking around pretty extensively, didn't find anything we liked better than the money it would cost us to make a change to a new coach. Would love some of the new Winnie floor plans, but for the $$$,$$$ involved, I'll pass. I refuse to make payments on anything these days, so we'll update with new tile floor and carpet in the bedroom area this spring. I've already replaced the TV's with LCD's and slowly replacing the day/nite shades as the strings break with cut-to-fit cellular Levelor shades from Lowes (MUCH cheaper than the popular alternative, and work well for us - many similar benefits, but cheaper - and easy to install). Already replaced the wet-cell house batteries with AGM, and anticipating changing inverter/charger to full sine wave to allow us to install a residential refrigerator at some point down the road. Had the chassis and engine checked out by FTL and Cummins while at Gaffney this fall, and both came back with a clean bill of health, so we'll keep him and make him our very own.