Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #1

GNR

We just booked to attend the GNR. It will be our first. Hope to meet other
Minnie Winnie 31KP owners and others of course! We will be leaving from North Texas. Others heading that way from North Texas. We live 70 miles North of Dallas and will probably leave around the 7th or so of July. Hope to get there a few days prior to the 16th.
n5pht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5pht View Post
We just booked to attend the GNR. It will be our first. Hope to meet other
Minnie Winnie 31KP owners and others of course! We will be leaving from North Texas. Others heading that way from North Texas. We live 70 miles North of Dallas and will probably leave around the 7th or so of July. Hope to get there a few days prior to the 16th.
Well,
Maybe we'll meet up possibly. We booked the reservation for it a few months ago and will be in the "C" section, if I'm not mistaken. We were going to leave So CAL around the 3rd or 4th but, because we recently moved to Lake Havasu City AZ, we might leave maybe later. It will definitely be a new adventure for us as well. Heck, we've never been east of CO.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We are also in Section C; arriving on the 15th. I imagine a number of iRV2 forum followers will be there. Looking forward to meeting everybody! \ken & deb
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Be there in the TN. Row.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

We are going this year for our third time ...last was 6 years ago. Leaving from East TX and through North TX probably July 1 visiting family in OK before arriving about the 11th for the MILWIT chapter rally before the main rally starts.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Smile

We too will be there. A section Kansas
kstrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Is there going to be an Irv2 "get together" this year at GNR??
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

We're going for the first time. Don't know yet where we'll be, we've been assured a 50 amp site, but it won't be in the C50 section and it won't be in the NC row. We are leaving June 29 and going to mosy that way trying to stay off the Interstates.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

This is our first time also. We will be in the MILWIT row. Looking forward to meeting all of the MILWIT member's and many others. We hope to arrive on the 8th or 9th coming from New Jersey.

Can anyone tell me if they have had work done at the factory and what an average cost was. I know there is no way of knowing the cost of repairs but I was hoping for a ball park idea of what others have been charged. I have several problems I would like looked at but can't afford to have everything repaired.
CPO_Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

CPO. It has been a couple of years ago (2012) the hr/labor charge was 100 / hr. This is about avg for RV repair however, they know what they doing... no learning curve.
We know several members in MILWIT, that group knows how to have fun.
kstrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:57 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

This will be our first GNR. We registered for E section since we were told the big rigs will not fit in the state rows. When I was up there in April getting my warranty items completed she told me she had a cancellation in the first row C section. she says it is longer since there is no units across from that row. Plus it looked pretty level. They have been doing a good job upgrading some of the state row sections to 50watts. We will probably be arriving on 13/14 July. We are going to stop in Amana Colonies on the way up. Will probably be leaving the day it is over since we will be heading tot he Brickyard400 right form there.
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Going for our 2nd GNR. We sure had fun in 2008. In the California row of Sec C. We arrive on Sunday the 13th. Hope to see some of you folks.

Bill & Helen
Old 06-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Bill,
It looks like California will be in Section B Row 8 this year.... right on the main boulevard. It sure will be a lot of fun. You will near all the action, the classic car show, and all the state row parties. Glad you are coming.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPO_Retired View Post
This is our first time also. We will be in the MILWIT row. Looking forward to meeting all of the MILWIT member's and many others. We hope to arrive on the 8th or 9th coming from New Jersey.

Can anyone tell me if they have had work done at the factory and what an average cost was. I know there is no way of knowing the cost of repairs but I was hoping for a ball park idea of what others have been charged. I have several problems I would like looked at but can't afford to have everything repaired.
We've had work done there on both our motorhomes over the years. The labor rate is about $100.00 per hour as previously mentioned. If you're going to have the work done during GNR they don't take appointments. It's best to register with the service department as soon as you get there. There is also a limit to the number of things they will address during the convention. The last time we were there I believe it was 7.

The service department opens at 6:00 am during the convention. They post a list of the coaches that will be worked on the night before. Be sure to check the bulletin boards to see when yours is scheduled, and be at the door when they open the day your service is scheduled.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:22 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

It's still 7 items. I'm here now and they has a lot of rain! The Winnebago is over the banks and Pammel Park is under water. The Rally grounds look good though. Good thing I don't golf. We really like Forest City.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

How's your progress going in heading for GNR?
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #17

GNR. We are here at the Winnebago GNR. We got off to a rocky start but hope it gets better. Was told by two Winnebago employees that the pre-rally camping was included in the price and then find it is an extra $10 per day. Oh well, that is how it goes I guess. I am primarily here to get warranty work done and signed up as soon as possible after getting set up. Got a number 93 and tomorrow (9th July) they are seeing up to high 80's and a few 90's so likely mine will get done on the 10th of July (we hope). Don't know if we will stay after that is done. Wanted to see some of the displays and vendors, etc. but looks like most of that is next week. But do hope to meet some others. We are in the ham radio section C6 - Minnie Winnie - fairly close to the bath house (nice plus). Weather is very nice change from Texas heat - with windows open and the nice breeze coming through.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnystrom View Post
It's still 7 items. I'm here now and they has a lot of rain! The Winnebago is over the banks and Pammel Park is under water. The Rally grounds look good though. Good thing I don't golf. We really like Forest City.
I think we ended up with 7 items. Counted some as separate I didn't think would count separate! Replacing two pieces of water damaged trip counted as two items and handing me a new part counted as one item. But mostly the mystery we hope to accomplish is the back up cameras - worked the 800 miles here except for a few really bumpy roads in OK - but need to leave a panel loose under the steering column so probably a simple fix we hope. And they are doing an air test to rule out any additional leaks that need corrected.

Hope to see other IRV2 people while here. Hope to take the 9 am factory tour tomorrow morning (9 am tour) - 9 July.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

You all are making me so anxious to get there. We won't be arriving until Sunday. Looking forward to it. I think we are in C row 6, or is it B 6? :-)
Mike Leslie
2003 Minnie 29B
Leslie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5pht View Post
I think we ended up with 7 items. Counted some as separate I didn't think would count separate! Replacing two pieces of water damaged trip counted as two items and handing me a new part counted as one item. But mostly the mystery we hope to accomplish is the back up cameras - worked the 800 miles here except for a few really bumpy roads in OK - but need to leave a panel loose under the steering column so probably a simple fix we hope. And they are doing an air test to rule out any additional leaks that need corrected.

Hope to see other IRV2 people while here. Hope to take the 9 am factory tour tomorrow morning (9 am tour) - 9 July.
I-35 in Oklahoma is very bad. I usually take Highway 69/75 from I-44 west of Joplin down to Sherman, TX. Very nice road. Then I go back over to I-35. Sounds like the factory will take good care of you!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote