Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Drawer Slide Tracks

Our 2016 Winnebago Sightseer is less that six months old, and we are having trouble with the three drawers under the stove. All the drawers are falling out of their slide tracks. I will be taking the coach in for warranty work shortly, but see that this problem will go beyond the warranty. Any suggestions for a more permanent fix?
Old 08-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Without a detail description of what "falling out of their slide tracks" means, it's a little hard to say. Most likely, from my experience working with the these slides, the cabinet is to wide for the drawers, or the drawers are to narrow for the cabinet width. It 's a pretty common problem and will take shims all the way around.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
Without a detail description of what "falling out of their slide tracks" means, it's a little hard to say. Most likely, from my experience working with the these slides, the cabinet is to wide for the drawers, or the drawers are to narrow for the cabinet width. It 's a pretty common problem and will take shims all the way around.
The drawer slide track system is probably common to at least the last several years of Winnebago coaches. Basically, the is a track fastened to the drawer itself and another track that is attached to the frame. The frame track has a sliding track in it. The drawer track slides inside the sliding frame track. Looking at it again, your solution makes perfect sense. Thanks
Old 08-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

ed rzepka on our coach I'm finding some of the tracks were not installed square to the front of the cabinet. I use a combination square to square up the tracks to the face of the cabinet.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
Our 2016 Winnebago Sightseer is less that six months old, and we are having trouble with the three drawers under the stove. All the drawers are falling out of their slide tracks. I will be taking the coach in for warranty work shortly, but see that this problem will go beyond the warranty. Any suggestions for a more permanent fix?
Why wouldn't that be covered under warranty?
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
Why wouldn't that be covered under warranty?
I'm at the factory now and I am sure they will be. My concern is the future . I suspect that when I have trouble again, it will be out of warranty.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like Winnebago is still using the same sorry drawer slides and rear mounts they had in 1999. I had several replaced under warranty and after that replaced them on my own. Picked up a better glide and rear mounted them on a large piece of plywood at the back.

Fix it your self and do it right.

Ken
Old 08-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

We have had problems wight ours. Went to Home Depot and bought better ones and installed them, no more problems.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
We have had problems wight ours. Went to Home Depot and bought better ones and installed them, no more problems.
I was looking at Home Depot's website last night.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I had the drawer tracks looked at at the factory. Everyone of them was installed incorrectly and were reinstalled. Since leaving 9/11, we have driven over 2500 miles and no drawer has fallen out or opened
Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

RV drawer slide hardware has exactly what is in our MH. I had to replace 3 or 4 plastic brackets because they were not square with the opening. Had to replace one set because DW had about 50# in that drawer.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:30 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Yep, our 2016 Journey had some drawer slide issues due to poor installation. I analyzed the problem and reinstalled them. No wasted trip to the dealer. And I know the work was done right this time.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide