Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi all just a question about the dog house on the 2000 Winnebago Adventurer. 1ST I have a empty hole in the rear of mine is there a lock or somthing that belongs there? And 2ND the kit they sell to insulate the in side of the unit is it worth getting it or am I going to be burning money purchasing it.

Thanks
Mark
Old 08-30-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi all just a question about the dog house on the 2000 Winnebago Adventurer. 1ST I have a empty hole in the rear of mine is there a lock or somthing that belongs there? And 2ND the kit they sell to insulate the in side of the unit is it worth getting it or am I going to be burning money purchasing it.

Thanks
Mark
Old 08-31-2005, 01:26 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hey there Mark! Have you had your doghouse cover off? The hole in the carpet is where they put the cover latch. You'll need a 5/16" allen wrench I beleive. Insert wrench down in there, turn CCW about 180 degrees, and the latch opens.
The insulating kits sound worthwhile, from all the reports I've read (less noise, less heat). I keep saying I'm going to put one on mine, but I haven't really noticed the need. I suppose a good long trip through weather would make me think otherwise tho.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Troth has the hole right. That what you use to remove the dog house. I insulated the house on my 99 Adventurer and it made a tremedous amount of difference. I got mine from CW but I think the same material is available from a home improvement store.

Instead of going under the coach to insulate the drivers/passenger floor I simply put a piece of insulation material under the floor mat. Good Luck and Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Insulated mine w/some heavy duty stuff CW Techs used to use. They no longer carry it, but I think J.C. Whitney does. It's about an inch thick of heavy denisty flexible foam w/a piece of vinyl sandwiched in the foam. It also has a foil on 1 side. It's kind of pricey but, it really does the job. Just found it under insulation sound/heat in JCW current cat. Comes in 1/2" & 1". 6sq' or 12sq'
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:59 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

You can order from J.C. Whitney, a 3/8" foil-baked fiber inslation pad just for high temp insulation. They also have high temp spray adhesive and foil tape to seal the edges. I used it on my class c and it did wonders. Far better than the bubble stuff CW sold.

Ken
Old 08-31-2005, 10:17 PM   #7

IMO, you don't need the insulation. Just finished a 3K trip down south and everything was calm, cool and collected.
no18yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We used the dog house insulation material - put it in and it made lots of difference in sound and heat. Do you need it? I put the campground guide on the floor one trip then put it in my lap - it almost burned my leg - now it is only warm. So we needed it. Just make a good pattern before you begin. Ours has held up very well. It is the foil backed fiber stuff put on with the spray adhisive and foil tape.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I also installed the double foil thick stuff with the spray glue and foil tape that CW sold a couple years ago in my F53 chassis doghouse. It made the front seating area MUCH quieter and cooled the doghouse and contents of my console considerably.