Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

So last night I finished up packing up the motorhome, loaded and locked down our ATVs on the trailer and went to bed. Woke up this morning to find some punks had tossed 6 eggs - 3 hit the motor home and 1 hit my ATV. Of course 2-3 others hit the ground. I have a hint who they might have come from. I just had to vent with some folks that would understand the anger I'm feeling. I cleaned it all off, but now I'll need to rewax those areas. I'm thinking about using the scalps of a couple of the punks
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

So last night I finished up packing up the motorhome, loaded and locked down our ATVs on the trailer and went to bed. Woke up this morning to find some punks had tossed 6 eggs - 3 hit the motor home and 1 hit my ATV. Of course 2-3 others hit the ground. I have a hint who they might have come from. I just had to vent with some folks that would understand the anger I'm feeling. I cleaned it all off, but now I'll need to rewax those areas. I'm thinking about using the scalps of a couple of the punks
Old 05-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

About 10 years ago my house and car was egged. This was when my daughter was a cheerleader in high school. Along with eggs we were also toilet papered a lot. Anyway, as I left to go to work that morning I turned the corner and found an empty egg carton in the street. I stopped and picked up the egg carton and drove by the house of the boys I thought had thrown the eggs. I put the empty egg carton on top of their car and drove away. That was my way of telling them I knew who was throwing the eggs. We've never had another egg thrown at our house to this day. The boys are both grown and married now and have outgrown such activities.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y-Guy:
So last night I finished up packing up the motorhome, loaded and locked down our ATVs on the trailer and went to bed. Woke up this morning to find some punks had tossed 6 eggs - 3 hit the motor home and 1 hit my ATV. Of course 2-3 others hit the ground. I have a hint who they might have come from. I just had to vent with some folks that would understand the anger I'm feeling. I cleaned it all off, but now I'll need to rewax those areas. I'm thinking about using the scalps of a couple of the punks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you find out who did it, might consider putting the eggs where the sun doesn't shine!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Come to think of it, my mail box is overdue for a good pounding. I get it about every 3 years.

Hang it there Y Guy. Remember, the good guy goes to jail and the bad guy sues you.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Our Sigthseer, too, was egged twice. Once after Holloween, the next a few weeks later. I talked with my neighbors and seems like they too have been egged. So we watch out for each other. Also, I have friends in the local PD and told them. I see more patrol in our neighborhood. We are across from the city park. Maybe local kids or someone with great envy. So far, no eggs lately. I guess prices of eggs went up too.

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations.

2006 Sightseer 33T, W18, 8.1L
mis3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y-Guy:
So last night I finished up packing up the motorhome, loaded and locked down our ATVs on the trailer and went to bed. Woke up this morning to find some punks had tossed 6 eggs - 3 hit the motor home and 1 hit my ATV. Of course 2-3 others hit the ground. I have a hint who they might have come from. I just had to vent with some folks that would understand the anger I'm feeling. I cleaned it all off, but now I'll need to rewax those areas. I'm thinking about using the scalps of a couple of the punks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kids started to throw stuff once a few years back but when the dog picked up the Yellow Pages in her mouth, bit them clean through in one shot and dropped the two parts in front of them they started running and have not come back since. That dog is a good communicator and saves me a bunch of greif. The phone company sent a replacement book at no charge and I believe the kids are still running.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:36 AM   #8

I think the shear size of a MH makes it an enticing target. Consider yourself lucky; the new rage now is teens do drive-bys using paintball guns. It usually cleans up readily but some of the guns can be pretty high-powered so at close distances the impact can damage the MH fiberglass, car paint, etc. Will even take out a home window if close range...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Well we're back. The whole egg thing didn't ruin our trip. However seeing that my wife agrees on who it probably is I think they will find that my easy going attitude is now gone. Seeing they are the one house that is way out of line with reguards to the HOA rules and that I am on the HOA board and since I am one that give them an evil (I'm watching you eye) when they speed down the street at night. I've already talked to a buddy of mine that is a cop and when I see their cars parked on the sidewalk, in front of the fire hydrant or speeding he's asked me to give him a call on his cell phone.

Next weekend I'll wash and wax the effected areas. Next time its in front of the house I do believe I'll set the VCR on 8 hour mode and hook up the old video camera.