Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #1

Camping this past weekend and the Buckeye Bounders were having a rally in the KOA where I was.All Fleetwood Bounders .Got me to thinking...are there any "model clubs " out there for Winn or Itasca? i.e. Pa Sunstars? Pa Adventurers? just wondering
horatio54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #2

Camping this past weekend and the Buckeye Bounders were having a rally in the KOA where I was.All Fleetwood Bounders .Got me to thinking...are there any "model clubs " out there for Winn or Itasca? i.e. Pa Sunstars? Pa Adventurers? just wondering
Old 10-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hopefully you stopped by to check the score of the Penn State / Ohio State game
srusso1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I don't believe there are Winnebago clubs that are model specfic but there are plenty of clubs for just Winnebago owners by state and by interests. The Winnebago website has a list of the clubs and the now quarterly WIT magazine has write ups from many of the clubs. I'm not really sure just when the next magazine is coming out though. In PA there is a club The Keystoners. Maybe others also. You can belong to as many of the different clubs as you want and can attend any of the different states gatherings.

Come on Pennsylvania people help Horatio54 find the perfect fit .
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #5

The "buckeyes" were pretty talkative on Sat morning before the game ..somewhat less talkative Sun morning!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I'm not aware of any "model" specific clubs within WIT (Winnebago Itasca Travelers). I would think it would be difficult to gather many folks into such a club. Our Gateway Winnies WIT Chapter has a notional membership of 40+ coaches and must have 10 different models in that number. We have everything from Braves to Vectras and all in between.

I must say that joining the Gateway winnies and WIT was one of the best things we have ever done - we treasure our time with these great friends we have made over the past 20 years. We camp out once per month other than Dec-Feb - and even then meet at a restaurant to keep the spirit alive.

I hope you will look in to joining a local WIT chapter - you won't regret it.
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horatio54:
...are there any "model clubs " out there for Winn or Itasca? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Horatio54
I'd like to invite you to look Here for info on the WIT Club which any Winnebago owner can join.

WIT is the national club. In Pennsylvania the local chapters are:
<LI>Keystone Winnies
<LI>Delaware Valley Winnies
<LI>Susquehanna Winnies
<LI>Lake Erie Tri-State
<LI>Three Rivers Winnies
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:02 AM   #8

Just did a quick check of the Buckeye "Bounder Club " web page and they list 40 or so names for active members!
I am not in any way shape or form trying to cast aspersions on WIT or any chapter but I am asking has this ever been explored by anyone or is there any interest? that is a model (Vista Adventurer,Meridian....etc) sub interest club..I, for one would welcome it
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horatio54:
The "buckeyes" were pretty talkative on Sat morning before the game ..somewhat less talkative Sun morning!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, enough is enough....at least we talked a good game hahahaha. Been an Ohio State fan all my life but I really didn't think we did as bad as what I thought we would. Joe Pa is a living legend and Penn State has always been a great program. I hope you guys go all the way!!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 AM   #10

Rocket Man

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that OSU is my second favorite college team.My daughter graduated from there and a few years ago the young man (Adam Talifero) that was hurt at the game was lucky enought to be treated immediately by OSU medical Staff and he now walks when it appeared initially that he was paralyzed ..the immediate administration of high dose steroids to hold inflamation down is credited with this recovery..Also you wont find many better coaches than Tressell..I used to see his weekly tv show when he was at YSU and he is truely an impressive coach and man