Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We went camping last weekend and had a really nice time. It was a little chilly (mid 60's) and too windy to use the awning, darn it. I missed the awning lights in the evenings. But we didn't let it get us down. We went for a 3.5 mile hike around the lake, bike riding, and played alot of whifleball with the kids. We set up a tent because the kids thought it would be fun...but it got down to the mid 40's and was too cold for them. They all came back into the motorhome about 1am, lol !!

We are going again this weekend and I am hoping for warmer weather and not so much wind.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We went camping last weekend and had a really nice time. It was a little chilly (mid 60's) and too windy to use the awning, darn it. I missed the awning lights in the evenings. But we didn't let it get us down. We went for a 3.5 mile hike around the lake, bike riding, and played alot of whifleball with the kids. We set up a tent because the kids thought it would be fun...but it got down to the mid 40's and was too cold for them. They all came back into the motorhome about 1am, lol !!

We are going again this weekend and I am hoping for warmer weather and not so much wind.</span>

Old 05-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like good times!

When we were out a couple weeks ago my oldest kept trying to get the other older boys in the rally to sleep outside but none would venture outside - he was really bummed out. But considering the ticks were pretty heavy in places I was happy.

Have a good one this weekend, we're heading out too (wifes choice no less).
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> It was a little chilly (mid 60's).</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THAT'S CHILLY? Sounds like mid Summer to me!!

We love to hike also....it's nice to get out in the woods sometimes....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I agree with FrontrangeRVer, 60's shorts and t-shirt weather. 40 is hot at night.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I think it was just the wind that made it feel chilly...especially in the shade. When we were moving around we were fine. I am a warm weather girl...I don't really like anything over 75 degrees unless I am on the boat or in a pool !!</span>

Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I'm basking in 84?F temps right now, by late June we'll be nearing in on 100?F - I can't wait!
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y-Guy:
I'm basking in 84?F temps right now, by late June we'll be nearing in on 100?F - I can't wait! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 93? here right now! Can't wait for summer so it starts to warm up.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Curt L:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Shannone </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Where did you go last weekend. We are heading to Sleepy Hallow this weekend for our maiden voyage to get familiar with it before heading to the UP Memorial Weekend. Even though it is close to Howell we have never camped there before. Have you ever camped there? Are the sites accessible with a MH? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'07 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Curt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where did you go last weekend? We are heading to Sleepy Hallow this weekend for our maiden voyage to get familiar with it before heading to the UP Memorial Weekend. Even though it is close to Howell we have never camped there before. Have you ever camped there? Are the sites accessible with a MH? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I've never heard of Sleepy Hollow...where is it ?? We went to Waldenwoods in Hartland. We became members there last year.</span>

Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We have never been to Waldenwoods but I hear it is nice. Sleepy Hollow is a state campground in Laingsburg (just north of Lansing). We prefer state campgrounds but sometimes they can be difficult to get into with a taller rig. Also, very few MI state campgrounds have full hook-ups so I'm looking forward to the larger storage tanks on the 35J instead of hiking water back and forth to the old travel trailer.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:16 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We have never been to Waldenwoods but I hear it is nice. Sleepy Hollow is a state campground in Laingsburg (just north of Lansing). We prefer state campgrounds but sometimes they can be difficult to get into with a taller rig. Also, very few MI state campgrounds have full hook-ups so I'm looking forward to the larger storage tanks on the 35J instead of hiking water back and forth to the old travel trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I know you get some of best views at state parks, but they are just not for me (at least in this state). I like full hook ups and sites that are big rig friendly I'm spoiled, I admit it !!</span>

Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I really didn't think I liked the big resort style campgrounds until we stayed at Fort Wilderness. Now I might agree with you.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Hey Curt & Shannone check out the "Outdoor Adventurers". Closest to you both would be in Davison. They now have 5 different parks in Michigan alone! Always a site available at one of the parks.

'96 - 38' Adventurer
Flintstones Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey Curt & Shannone check out the "Outdoor Adventurers". Closest to you both would be in Davison. They now have 5 different parks in Michigan alone! Always a site available at one of the parks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey Curt & Shannone check out the "Outdoor Adventurers". Closest to you both would be in Davison. They now have 5 different parks in Michigan alone! Always a site available at one of the parks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">When we joined Waldenwoods we also became members of R.O.D in which the Outdoor Adventures are a part of. So we could go and check them out. We would just need to make reservations.</span>