Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2021, 05:56 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I see where you have the burner with your Adventure. I didn't opt for that one, just the 22" griddle top. I can set a pan of water on the griddle top and it will come to a boil. Griddle top gets up to around 500 degrees.
If I had known that you can boil water on the 22”, I woulda bought that one. Can’t become human in the a.m. until we’ve had coffee. We make it using the kettle and a Stanley Thermos press. The only time the 17” becomes a problem is when I make my world famous shrimp stir fry. Run out of room trying to cook the rice while other ingredients warming along the sides; and then the bok choy gets mushy. My fry is famous for the number of people I’ve made hurl chunks. In the end, having the side burner with the ability to quickly change burner temp, might win out, as my next culinary attempt will be Pho. Will let you know how that works out, if anybody lives through it.

As MSgt knows, you don’t have to be a great cook, because if you can eat cold C Rats with a healthy helping of hot sauce, you can eat just about anything that’s not furry, and has 4 legs and a long tail.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:43 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
He Marine, Semper Fi! - I was in '60 - '84.
Semper Fi MSgt. I wasn’t a lifer. ‘69 - ‘78. The best job I ever had in my entire life was as infantry company CO. Had a dw then that couldn’t handle the life, and I couldn’t tolerate being assigned to a desk job. Felt like a caged dog. Deep sixed the first dw, and became a civvie. No reserve billets for infantry officers back then. And I didn’t want to be anything else.

Keep cooking until you get it ready right!
Old 05-20-2021, 10:09 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I have that griddle for the Q1200. Used it once I think.

You can cook a chicken on a griddle.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:22 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Semper Fi MSgt. I wasn’t a lifer. ‘69 - ‘78. The best job I ever had in my entire life was as infantry company CO. Had a dw then that couldn’t handle the life, and I couldn’t tolerate being assigned to a desk job. Felt like a caged dog. Deep sixed the first dw, and became a civvie. No reserve billets for infantry officers back then. And I didn’t want to be anything else.

Keep cooking until you get it ready right!
I was Signal Intelligence...well not me but my occupation specialty.

Loved the Ham and Mother's. Sliced ham C-rats was my favorite. I'd barter cigs or candy for bread that didn't come with the sliced ham. Warm the ham slices up, pop 3 holes in the top of the bread can and pour 1/4 teaspoon or so of water on the lid with holes, set it on the fire and steam the bread. Cut the bread in 4 slices, put on a piece of ham and cover it with cheese spread.

Bringing back the memories. Guess we were cooking all our lives.

Best coffee I have ever had was from a percolator coffee pot over an open fire. I'd bet the griddle you have could boil water in a percolator coffee pot. Wouldn't matter if it boiled over a little bit either.

Tonight was steak, mushrooms, zucchini, squash and onions on the griddle. All came out great.

Found a new way to do onions. Slice them thicker than a quarter inch keeping the rounds intact. Stick a toothpick through the outer round and into the center. Do that with all the slices. Throw some butter on the griddle and roast the onions to the consistency you like. Add a little more butter as they are roasting. Flip with spatula. Doesn't take long. I should have taken pictures.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:07 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Speaking of furry with four legs and a long tail. You haven’t lived until you’ve had marsupial kangaroo rat roasted on a spit in the field with warm XXXX Aussie beer. Aussies got the critter to come close to camp for food crumbs, and ambushed with an e-tool. A little greasy, but taste like chicken. Probably woulda been good with your skewered onions.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #26

Can someone tell me what the PSI out of my RV propane tank is? This is after the RV regulator?

I ask, because my new Coleman "Road Trip - Excursion Model #9406 Grill" has it's own regulator; and this grill is designed for 15PSI.

It works great with those screw on propane canisters, but I want to connect it to my RV propane tank, and I'm not getting any flame with the line the previous owner plumbed "after the RV regulator" ...So I'm guessing the RV tank pressure (measured in PSI) is less then 15PSI, but I don't know if it is or not?

Note: All these gas fitting have been a PITA to deal with. However, I am determined to get this Coleman working off my RV propane tank, and I think the solution will be to install a "T-fitting" before the RV regulator. This way, higher pressure propane will be sent to my Coleman #9406 and all will work out well.

FYI -- If you get fittings for "natural gas" or "propane" I suggest you use all fittings from the same manufacture, because they very and you might have a problem with the "quick connect" part in particular. I.e., you can plug the male end into the quick connect, and it will accept it, but the gas may not flow if the fittings are made by different manufactures or your are mixing natural gas fittings with propane fittings.

...Air fittings are completely different for good reason. Your are not supposed to use these with RV propane or natural gas (which is what you get at home from the city).
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:12 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Since lp tanks must feed, thru the tank regulator, all low pressure lp demands; range, furnace, fridge, furnace. I’m pretty sure it’s 12.5 psi. This works well feeding a Blackstone, but may not be enough if connected to a second regulator on a grill. Pretty sure it will work with most any griddle or grill if there’s not more than one regulator between tank and appliance.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:08 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

I have a quick disconnect on my 2015 Winni but it was Mfg installed. I have used it with the Weber Q1200. I have not tried it with the Blackstone yet. I think Jim is right about 12.5 psi, might even be 11 for household appliances.

Read you manual. Look at the warnings. Some grills cannot be adapted to other forms of LP. Call Coleman and ask them. The RV is 11" water column, whatever that means.
Old 05-30-2021, 09:16 PM   #29

Can someone tell me what the PSI is before the RV propane tank regulator?

I.e., if I "T-in" before the tank regulator, what is the PSI and does it vary depending on how full it is?
Old 05-30-2021, 09:43 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
Can someone tell me what the PSI is before the RV propane tank regulator?

I.e., if I "T-in" before the tank regulator, what is the PSI and does it vary depending on how full it is?
That was a good question because I really didn’t know. I think this explains lp gas tank pressure pretty well: https://www.ferrellgas.com/tank-talk...-propane-tank/
Old 05-30-2021, 10:12 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

Another Interesting Gas Web Site
Old 06-29-2021, 08:12 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

Quote:
[snipped/wm]

I "had" an outside kitchen which was a pull-out with refrigerator, 1 cu ft, and induction cook top. I personally felt that the cook top was to close to the paint for cooking bacon or other greasy items so I removed the kitchen and use the space a storage. I did some measuring and added 2 2 x 12's (what I had on hand) to each side and straddled it with 2 2x12's spanning to each side. I made the supports just a little higher than the griddle/burners. The griddle fits under the spanning 2 x 12,s with the burner next to it. I have a little space left over for utensils.

The stand folds into an almost flat surface and sits on top of the 2 x 12 spans. On top of that I have our lawn chairs and side tables.

I'm eventually going to change the 2 x 12's to something lighter.

[snipped.

Thread is a little old but I finally got a picture of my Outside Kitchen Remodel. Thought I'd share it in a few places.

The wood piece on the bottom is where the frame of the griddle rests. There is one in the back also. Keeps the little feet that fit in the base unit from being "on" something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackstone.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	179881  
Old 06-30-2021, 12:00 AM   #33

Wayne M: Thanks. Your shelf idea gave me an idea on how to create more storage space for my Coleman foldable BBQ.

Also, I finally came up with a way to tap into my RV LP tank BEFORE the regulator so high pressure propane (LP) is delivered to my 15PSI Coleman BBQ. For more information, go to:

How Adding An Outdoor BBQ Busted My Chops $210 For the Grill + $190 Parts + 4 Days

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ys-361472.html
Old 06-30-2021, 08:28 AM   #34
Winnebago Master

You are welcome. I was hoping it would give ideas to some.

Good article...and just to prove I read it, my 2008 Winnebago Destination 39W had the propane tank and fill on the passenger side. :-)
Old 05-07-2023, 02:31 PM   #35
Ted & Lynne

was having trouble fiding something i didnt have to modify for the quick connect on my vista. ended up with a weber q1200. hose in the box,added the table and griddle. there is only two of us so this should be enough.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:01 PM   #36
Winnebago Master

Semper Fi Ted.
This thread is 2 years old, but what the heck.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
I always read old threads. Never know when you might find something interesting.

p.s., I spent the first 19 years of my life in Central Mass, but it was an accident of birth!
Old 05-08-2023, 02:49 AM   #37
Ted & Lynne

Coming to Texas in a few weeks. Dallas Ft worth, Pampa maybe lukenback
Ted Fyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 10:11 PM   #38
Winnebago Master

You won't want to leave.
I previously had a Weber Q1200. It's sittiing in my shed because I bought a 22" Blackstone. I have a 36" griddle on my patio here at the S&B. I don't think you'll see me cooking on a grill anymore. I love cooking on the griddle.

I'll confuse some and say trying cooking a meat loaf not in a pan on a grill. Can be done on a griddle.

Anyone interested?

When were you in the Corps Ted, and MOS.
Old 05-09-2023, 03:50 AM   #39
Ted & Lynne

80-84 2311 Ammo . Gonna have a steak in Houston with a jarhead on way thru
Ted Fyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:00 AM   #40
Ted & Lynne

PS wife makes a great meatloaf