Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

bike rack

Looking for a suitable two bike hitch mount carrier rack for a Winnebago View with rear slide
pvanderstoep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you asking for suggestions on rack manufacturers? I'm a big fan of Blue Ox and have been using their three bike, hitch mounted rack for several years and it's held up very well.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

pvanderstoep,
Welcome to the site. First off, do you have any preferences for the style of carrying your bikes? As in, there's the "Hanging" style that the bikes hang from a cross bar and clamps at the top. Then there's the type that are "Cradle" carriers that, capture the tires/wheels of the bikes and are held in place by a sliding, padded down clamp. I prefer and, in deed have the latter one.

Ours is made by "Xpsport" and has worked flawless. Thule makes the same style of cradle units but is considerably more costly. There are other brands out there but, those two come to mind. There's one more that's a cradle style just like mine but, it has a ratcheting system for the down clamp. I really like that one but, I can't remember the name or brand of it right now.

The Xport model we have has a built in adapter that utilizes a 2" receiver or, the smaller 1 1/2" receiver too. We really like that 'cause we have both size receivers for different purposes.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

PV: I owned several bike racks, this is the best. It also folds up nicely. Buy the Swagman not a copy.

2 Bike Carrier for 1-1/4" and 2" Trailer Hitches - Wheel Mount - Swagman XC Swagman Hitch Bike Racks S64650
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a new 2012 model m with full wall slide but not familular with rear slide. Do you have the class a type reo? I wanted to be able to have a carrier and a bike rack that might help you if the bed does not slide out the rear of your coach over the hitch. thanks Jay (Portland, Oregon)
Jay Million is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvanderstoep View Post
Looking for a suitable two bike hitch mount carrier rack for a Winnebago View with rear slide
i like the swagman also. we got ours from camping world several years ago. the rack is working well for us.
here is a pic of my installation. there are more in the archives of this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00412.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	32369  
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Wife and I carry our bikes on a swingout rack

Might want to look around this site, Draftmaster Racks this rack fits our needs of having a two bike rack that I don't have to lift the bikes up to mount. The whole rack pivots off of the receiver hitch mount and swings down onto the ground with bikes attached. Have had this rack for three years and the manufacture is really customer friendly.
Good luck with your search.
FlatwaterMG is offline   Reply With Quote