Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
Site Team

Winnebago Supplies Masks

Picked this up on RVBusiness' News site today:
Quote:
Winnebago Supplies Masks to Iowa Medical Center

By: RVBusiness|Published on: Mar 31, 2020|Categories: Today’s Industry News|

Winnebago Industries Inc. it will be providing medical masks to MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center. According to a press release, the masks are being manufactured by employees at the company’s Stitchcraft facility in Forest City, Iowa, which houses industrial sewing capabilities and produces soft goods for Winnebago Motorhome production.

The facility typically specializes in creating items such as seats, sofas, cushions, pillows, draperies, shades, valances, mattresses, bedspreads, and a host of other sewn parts.

“As the health crisis has evolved, we have focused our efforts on determining how we can best use our company’s resources to provide support in overall relief efforts and specifically efforts that positively impact our local communities,” said Chris West, vice president of operations at Winnebago Industries. “We are blessed to have a workforce who is dedicated to supporting our local community needs and want to thank all of our caring employees who have helped make this critical project a reality.”

“Thank you to the team at Winnebago Industries for helping address a national shortage in medical masks,” said Rod Schlader, president, MercyOne North Iowa. “Community partnerships like this are the perfect example of how good can come from this very critical public health situation. The safety of our colleagues and patients is our top priority, and this generous donation from Winnebago Industries brings a crucial boost to our efforts to secure personal protective equipment. We are proud to live and work in north Iowa, where our business and health care organizations can quickly come together to serve our communities in this time of crisis.”
Old 03-31-2020, 02:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Kudos to Winnebago!
Old 03-31-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
Site Team

My wife loves sewing and she made a dozen masks yesterday and we took them to our local doctors office today - they were super appreciative.

She's making a new batch for everyone in our family and more for the doctor's office, too. Everywhere - even Amazon is sold out of the elastic needed now. The dozen she made used up all the elastic she had that was the right size. So, she's making them with fabric ties now.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
My wife loves sewing and she made a dozen masks yesterday and we took them to our local doctors office today - they were super appreciative.

She's making a new batch for everyone in our family and more for the doctor's office, too. Everywhere - even Amazon is sold out of the elastic needed now. The dozen she made used up all the elastic she had that was the right size. So, she's making them with fabric ties now.
We're doing the same. Also, here's a link to an article about the benefits of wearing DIY masks:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...rainbow&wpmm=1
Old 03-31-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

thanks Bobc and Creativepart, that site link does bring up some good points, a mask of any type can be good for both the wearer and those around them..One key point is always wash your hands after removing a mask and if using a commercial n95, make sure you understand the proper fit needed. As luck would have it i was diagnosed with bladder cancer the same time all this started, the first few doctor visits and first surgery were normal with only a few questions like have you been to China ?? Now my next appointment will be done via phone and at my next surgery, my wife will not be allowed to wait in the waiting room or pre-op, she will be confined to the parking lot. That is fine with me! Sure don't want her to bring something home..
Old 03-31-2020, 04:38 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVwithDogs View Post
As luck would have it i was diagnosed with bladder cancer the same time all this started.
Wow, sorry to hear of your illness. Hang strong. You have my thoughts and prayers.

Tags
winnebago