Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2022, 07:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

USPS Covid-19 rapid test kits-free

The USPS is mailing out free rapid home test kits when you sign up on their special website: https://store.usps.com/store/results...questid=377312
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-12-2022, 07:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

They send out 8 kits, each kit has 2 tests. You can order and get 8 up to three times. Wait until you need more to reorder as they expire fairly quickly (year or less).
Old 08-13-2022, 06:44 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

CVS and Walgreens also have free home test kits. Simular program.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We found that the ones we get via USPS have a short expiration date compared to the ones you can get at the major pharmacies.
Old 08-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Those we've rec'd thru USPS have all had expiry dates <90 days and were made in China. Tossed them. Can't figure out how to stop the mailing program once started.

Those we've rec'd through WalGreens had 9 - 12 months expiry. Made in San Diego and Salt Lake (we think) Only needed for travel or symptoms, so used as purchased. Never had symptoms.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Old 08-23-2022, 07:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Wal Mart gave me one free today
Old 08-29-2022, 09:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
We found that the ones we get via USPS have a short expiration date compared to the ones you can get at the major pharmacies.

The expiration date has been modified on most brands: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...agnostic-tests
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-30-2022, 08:40 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

From CNBC (No political connotation intended)

"The government will end its giveaway of Covid-19 at-home tests Friday because of insufficient congressional funding, a senior Biden administration official said Sunday."
Old 11-17-2022, 07:39 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Well it finally got me. I managed to dodge this crap for over two and a half years, but on Monday I felt like I was getting a chest cold, on Tuesday I tested positive at home and had my Dr call in a script for Paxlovid. On Wednesday I got a confirmation test at a drive-up Walgreens and started the Paxlovid. No idea when or where I was exposed, but probably at the office. Being fully vaxxed and boosted helps a lot, and the Paxlovid has already mostly eliminated the symptoms. Hopefully by Sunday I'll test negative, but it still sucks.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

wyocamper, not saying it will happen to you, but some who take Paxlovid have a rebound after finishing the drug and test positive again. It happened to Pres. Biden and his wife.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:56 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Ray, I'm aware and more or less expecting it.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Back in July we both came down with it. Me first the DW. Doctor prescribed Paxlovid for her and said I was beyond help 'cause I had covid for to many days.

Symptoms were slight sniffles. Thought I just had my allergies.

No more free samples.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

USPS has made more tests available, you can order 4 additional tests (2 boxes) from https://www.covid.gov/tests

I got mine yesterday, the ones I got are BinaxNOW kits.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:29 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Two interesting things are in the news lately. One is that we are getting better at keeping poeple who get the disease alive with fewer deaths among the vacinated. But at the same time there are still lots of people dying. Per this report, the deaths in Florida topped 86, 000 with around 77% being older folks like us!
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/health...ths-top-86-000

Deaths are down to around 1400 a month now.

But then at the same time we see this news check and it bends my mind to work out how folks can see these stats and still go on with any thinking at all!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lee-county-covid-vax/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=30092a036dc0

Does it not count to anybody that those 86,000 were actual people who would now be out keeping the economy moving?

We stopped doing RV trips when we could no longer find places where we felt at ease. We no longer have fun going out to eat due to the lack of folks working at resteraunts but I also know a lot of those "public facing" folks were dying, so that's a good reason they don't come to work any more!

It's going to be long slow climb back to anything like normal!
Old 03-30-2023, 04:33 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Two interesting things are in the news lately. One is that we are getting better at keeping poeple who get the disease alive with fewer deaths among the vacinated. But at the same time there are still lots of people dying. Per this report, the deaths in Florida topped 86, 000 with around 77% being older folks like us!
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/health...ths-top-86-000

Deaths are down to around 1400 a month now.

But then at the same time we see this news check and it bends my mind to work out how folks can see these stats and still go on with any thinking at all!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lee-county-covid-vax/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=30092a036dc0

Does it not count to anybody that those 86,000 were actual people who would now be out keeping the economy moving?

We stopped doing RV trips when we could no longer find places where we felt at ease. We no longer have fun going out to eat due to the lack of folks working at resteraunts but I also know a lot of those "public facing" folks were dying, so that's a good reason they don't come to work any more!

It's going to be long slow climb back to anything like normal!
I'm not a mod but with all due respect, this post has nothing to do with C-19 rapid testing especially when misleading and/or unreliable data may be referenced. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2023, 07:58 AM   #16
Site Team

With the end of the official declaration of a federal health emergency for Covid I think this is a perfect time for this thread to also be closed out, as well.