Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2021, 07:33 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Surprise....average age death in US is 78 years...Same for Covid.....coincidence ?
Old 05-17-2021, 12:30 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Sad thing all politics aside,

We need to build back the backbone of the country to have faith in the common woman and man not the politicians.

Rosy Riveter and Joe could make airplanes, heck if asked they could have made a mask for every family member in a couple of hours and donate 20 to hand out in a few hours.

Lies and Ignorance are not bliss or patriotic, they are stealthy diseases.

BTW I just read that the company that made the Liberty Bell closed shop, and they want to build a hotel and coffee shops where the factory is located, by upgrading the insides and cleaning up the outside while keeping the ambiance in London England. The developer will create a mini foundry to craft souvenir bells to pacify some!
Old 05-17-2021, 05:08 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Morich I'm so sorry to hear about your family. Unfortunately Covid has so many long term effects. I lost 2 dear friends before vaccine was available and a nephew who was too young. It attacked his kidneys. My best friends nephew refused vaccine and now will be on oxygen the rest of his life because it attacked his lungs.
Prayers for everyone affected by this terrible virus.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:52 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Richard,
Thank you for posting this and raising awareness. I am a Registered Nurse and worked in a COVID-19 ICU. We still do not understand the long term or short term effects of COVID but one thing is clear, they are finding on MRI scans of those who survived COVID (even mild infections) that there are mini blood clots that have formed in the brain, liver, and lungs of patients. These micro emboli in the brain can cause premature dementia (and are also the cause of short term loss of taste and smell).
I have no patience for those who claim this Corona Virus is "just the flu".
Thank you for your post and my hope is that your son and DIL will improve.
Meantime, in the heat of the COVID outbreak, when I absolutely had to get away for a week to seek some solace, I jumped in my RV and went to ENNIS, MT and enjoyed a week in the shadows of the beautiful TETONS!
YAY to RV life!
Old 05-17-2021, 07:54 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

I feel the loss of more than a half million folks will certainly set the economy back in ways we never could imagine, I see the slow sneaky way this one works may be the far worse toll over the long term.

My son and wife are pretty normal for a couple their age but suddenly the results of the disease are showing up in ways nobody had imagined. Until you have been close to somebody who has fallen due to some of the brain wasting diseases, it is hard to imagine some of the tiny little changes it makes in life. Likely a lot of us have seen what a mini-stroke does to folks who can never fully recover but go on as best they can or somebody who has gradually lost it all due to some form of dementia but the idea that young people are suddenly having troubles of the sort is just mind bending.

We were not made fully aware of what was happening on their end of the world over time and that, in itself, is pretty scary. We are still trying to get communications fully flowing again after what we now know was a gradual loss of info.

Telephone calls had dropped off but that tends to wax and wain with grown children! We have a son in California who might not communicate short of holidays if it were anything short of a bomb going off until he had children! Now we get pictures and info often, the one in Missouri, not so much, so it was not unusual and we assume all is going okay, if nobody says anything.

Call your children and ask them directly if they are okay!!!

It turns out one of the mental quirks of their experience is that both seem to have some level of mental stress or degraded thinking, so that we are not getting the same information from each and they are not communicating with each other very well.
We can see spaces in the conversation with the DIL that she is not thinking clearly but then we speak to our son and it shows a bit of disconnect when we look at what one is telling us and compare to the other. When someone tells you some small point that you obviously already know, it can be a sign of their slipping. Something small like telling you they have a dog, may be a clue---if they have always had a dog! We got pictures of the dog three days a week when they first got the dog and now they tell us they have a dog???

Those familiar with dementia, will know what I mean when I say the victims are really, really good at covering the fact that they have trouble thinking! The last person to admit they have dementia, Alzheimer's, etc. will be the person suffering! They will fight you to the end to prove that they are correct and you just forgot!

When you find a pan melted down and setting in the garage and the microwave front has melted and nobody knows a thing, it is way past time to do something. Just start out by being aware that small mood or attitude changes may not be normal if there are too many of them! Treatment may not be perfect but it is getting better and it is always better to start as soon as possible.

Thinking of how many may be be out there wandering around with the beginnings of really big mental problems and it is just not acknowledged yet??? We find it starts in ways we never knew until we started looking back but small "quirks" may be the first clue.
Small points like failing to admit there is a problem was our first clue. Things that are normal for the clear thinking person may become something they can't admit, even when proven.
In our son's case it was a small roof leak. When you are a long term DIY person and won't admit that the roof is leaking, the folks around them need to be alert!

When there is somebody you love who has had this disease and will not admit the obvious, begin to look carefully for other small clues to defects in their thinking.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:55 AM   #26
2003 Journey 32T

To the OP, maybe you said and I missed it, but did your son and daughter in-law get the vaccine before these symptoms?
Old 05-17-2021, 10:48 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamon View Post
To the OP, maybe you said and I missed it, but did your son and daughter in-law get the vaccine before these symptoms?
It's hard to spot exactly what the order of things was as it came on slowly and over time in such a way that we are looking back and trying to trace what happened when.
They were exposed early in January 2020 before anybody was aware of COVID and can place when they got it and how as a fellow from his office and crew came back from Hawaii and complained of being sick and lots of people coughing on the plane. So they just assume it to be the flu, continued to work and assumed they recovered. This was way before any form of testing ot info to look for signs of something different and by the time they were able to get tested for sings of having had it, the thinking and current info was that if you recovered, there was no need for testing to confirm it.

But after still not being up to par and testing more available, they did get tested for antibodies but it was not a clear answer, so generally ignored as they were termed "well".

Meanwhile we got small hints but not enough for any of us to question. Things like not being able to visit/get together at July 4 because they had got a dog. We wrote it off as odd that they told us they had a dog because they have basically always had a dog!
I'm not sure, at this point if they were ever able to get the vaccine as they were way down on the list as "recovered" and not really getting good info on whether they needed the shots. In Central Missouri, the vaccine was pretty much put down for sissies! It was "party time" for Lake of the Ozarks and that area had a super tourist season!

As far as I know, there have been nobody actually develop the disease due to the shots, while some did get the disease even after the shot but many of those were traceable back to point of exposure. Nurses and medical people who are exposed constantly are among those who are most likely to get sick, even if vaccinated but that would seem to be natural as a way to overwhelm even the best defence.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:43 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

With a sudden new interest in the results of long term covid, I just came across this article that may shed some light on how and why we are still fighting to understand how our son came to be in the shape he is.
I advise not reading this if you are of the closed mindset that wants to hear nothing about the disease or what is up with it now. It does have some political slant to it and if you have already made up your mind, there is no point in bothering further.

But if you do read it, I should tell you that my son has had somewhat the same history over the last year-18 months with trying to figure out what is happening and not really getting a good answer as it seems to just be a bit of mystery on lots of the small points like how it damages things like your heart, lungs and brain.

https://crooked.com/articles/my-life-after-covid/

Like much of the maintenance on RV, I may not totally understand it but I feel it worthwhile to do some study before I really need the info!
Old 05-17-2021, 10:00 PM   #29

You mean the government you voted for may not be telling us the truth?

Covid is not new. This strain is new. The politics are new. And we are all lab rats!

===

None of us were around when the Christian religion got "organized" but if we were I bet it looked a lot like today.

===

And here's some history for you: Google "Spanish Flu" and learn were it started and how it spread. Hint: It did not start in Spain!

Here's just a few numbers:

...In 1918, the virus infected roughly 500 million people—one-third of the world’s population—and caused 50 million deaths worldwide (double the number of deaths in World War I).

In the United States, a quarter of the population caught the virus, 675,000 died, and life expectancy dropped by 12 years. With no vaccine to protect against the virus, people were urged to isolate, quarantine, practice good personal hygiene, and limit social interaction.

Did they shut down the economy? IDK. I doubt it. And I doubt it would have mattered since they had to rely on "herd immunity," ...which is not the case with Covid.

What I do know is that today, I just heard on the news that there were NO... repeat NO covid deaths in Texas and they opened up months ago. The first time in over 1 year!

So with the vaccine, Covid is getting "under control" I bet you grim reapers types are wondering, who's going to take care of us now?

Covid is also about security, economy, votes, power, money, subsidy, death, and now, thank to this tread, you might want to expand your horizon and consider the side affects of the vaccine.

Of course, that's no reason not to get vaccinated, IMO.

===

This year I have been traveling thru red and blue states and Mexico. What a difference in every one. Of course, if you have lost a loved one that will affect you differently no matter where you life.

I appreciate Morich's efforts to share his family story so we know there may be consequences or side affects or other factors involved with getting the Covid vaccine we will never hear about from our "Made In China Media."

And it's not like you get a straight answer from your medical doctor, because they don't know "for sure" either.

Medicine as I see it follows the laws of percentages and averages. If this was not the case then these so called medical experts would be able to tell me weather or not it is okay to drink 3 diet cokes per day; or what Fibromyalgia is, or how Chiropractic care works better for some things than taking a pill.

My favorite is this one: Doc, what can you give me that works better to block my arthritis in my hands, feet, and back... that is more effective than a double-margarita? ...He's got nothing.

All I'm saying is that it is foolish to think medicine has all the right answers. They don't.

Back to the point I would like to make. Morich went out on a limb and unselfishly shared his family story, as hard as that was, so that the rest of us might be more informed. And for that I thank him! And you should too!
Old 05-18-2021, 06:13 AM   #30
Winnie-Wise

Richard, I'm replying to this with utmost respect, especially since you're the thread starter. However posting a link to an extreme, left-leaning perspective, where the second paragraph mentions the psychological impact of the Trump presidency is just not "some political leaning" but not scientific in the least. Your earlier mention of folks in Missouri putting down the vaccine because it's for "sissies" is generalizing and just not true for the majority. Most folks I know have done their research and have made a personal decision based on scientific facts, one way or the other. Ostracizing others is self-defeating and will only create a wider divide.

To share my personal experience, I am in my mid-60's and pre-covid, I traveled to Asia (including China) for a month and returned home with a cold in early January 2020. This "cold" lasted maybe two days and consisted of congestion followed by some sniffles. A few months later, when CV-19 was in the news, I chalked up my cold to CV-19 and like most folks, never got tested. Fortunately, I never suffered any major symptoms but just in case, I took up a regiment of vitamins (mostly Vitamin D/Zinc) and haven't experienced any further illness.

Ok, you may want to sit down for this. I live in the Southeast and every one of my family, friends and most of my neighbors have not gotten the vaccine nor do they wear a mask unless mandated in a public building. We often have un-masked, large, regular gatherings and are not "partiers", but people who want to live our lives and do just that. No one I know has been hospitalized much less gotten seriously ill, with the exception of one woman in our group who ALWAYS wore a mask and recently suffered a stroke (she's 72). Was it because she wore a mask and didn't get enough oxygen? Did the mask not work? Who knows, however she did test negative! (PCR tests are another topic).

Therapeutics including maintaining a somewhat healthy lifestyle consisting of breathing oxygen and getting out into the sun I believe has a LOT to do with maintaining one's natural immunities. One thing I do know is that per the CDC, the common flu and pneumonia the last two seasons have been at all time lows.

So what has been the governments' response? Lockdowns. Close schools. Masks outdoors even when exercising. No gatherings. Social distancing. Close a million+ small businesses while leaving big box stores open. Huh? Children are resilient, but the damage they have suffered in the last 18 months will not be felt for another generation. Many who were previously productive individuals and have been receiving government handouts because of shutdowns, will never return to work.

Sweden never closed their economy down and they are thriving with no more % of cases/deaths than any other country.

I'm not implying that CV-19 doesn't exist. I truly believe it does but in what form? The government has been deceitful, the media complicit and it's extremely disconcerting. I'd rather trust the data AND my gut. Ask yourself these questions:

5000+ people have died from the vaccine(s). Many more have suffered permanent disabilities from it. The government recently decided to STOP keeping track of this data. Why?

Why did the government, media including big tech, ban all informational sources of natural/existing therapeutics for CV-19?

Why did the CDC including Fauci, initially say that masks weren't needed (late March) and then the next month said they're needed? Isn't it their job to know ahead of time? BTW, look at a box of mask's and there's a warning that they're not to be used to prevent Covid-19. True.

Why do you need a vaccine for a virus that has a 98.5% survival rate (99.8% for folks under 50). How will you know that it's effective? Pushing vaccine's for children under 10 who have zero symptoms? Unbelievable.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer and believe most childhood diseases vaccines are needed. However, ALL of the CV-19 vaccines are classified as experimental and labeled as non-approved by the FDA. The three companies have three different ways to attack the virus. One shot or two? Which is best? Did you know the vaccine companies have an a complete and total exemption from any and all liabilities. With that, I've NEVER had a flu shot and have only experienced the flu twice in my life (not at all in the last 25 years). Yet my best friend who gets one every year is sick at least once a year. No thanks.

This is an RV forum however since this topic seemed to have taken a life of it's own, I decided to take the time to respond with a different perspective.
I'm sure a lot of folks here will be coming after me with pitchforks and that's fine. Relax, close your eyes and put me on ignore. For anyone that's interested, I have a lot of information and you're welcome to DM me for it.

God Bless and Happy Travels!
Old 05-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Thank you Richard for sharing your story.
As for a couple of the other posts in this thread, I wish the moderator would step in and delete them as a few are highly politically charged, and misinformation. Some of the claims in these posts are merely wild conspiracy theories that are not based in any provable fact. Science is based in factual research. Myth is not science. Our nation is great because of our science not any outrageous claims being that might be made in this thread. If you want to post something of value to others, please back it up with a reference and link to the science behind your claim. That would be of value to others. Let’s get back to science = reality please.
Old 05-18-2021, 08:56 AM   #32
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
If you want to post something of value to others, please back it up with a reference and link to the science behind your claim.
Thank you Jim, I appreciate the input. It's ok if you want to single out my post but I don't believe it was political in any way except for government deception. If any one believes what they're telling us about anything, I can't help you there.

Everything is all out there though.

For example, here's a death report I just ran from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
https://vaers.hhs.gov/index.html

Death, Permanent disability and life threatening conditions number close to 10K (as of May 7th)

As I mentioned, reporting has been halted with May 7th as the latest date available, at least for now.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:09 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Rock,
I’m anxious to read factual sources and become more informed.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #34
Winnie-Wise

You're welcome sir. I will post solid, additional references as time permits and/or until the OP tells me to stop!
Old 05-18-2021, 09:27 AM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Rock,
The VAERS report link you posted was very informative and revealing, and gives me high confidence in the effectiveness of the vaccines. Approx 4300 adverse reactions with over 155 Million receiving at least one vaccination. That’s an adverse rate of less than three tenths of one percent. IMO, were going to beat this thing if we reach 70% vaccinated and get booster shots.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:40 AM   #36
Site Team

Folks we are closing this thread. This is a special area for Covid discussions as they pertain to RVing but we have some extra guidelines for
this area of the forum: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...me-356760.html

They include prohibitions on political topics and this:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

Thanks for understanding.