Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2020, 01:02 PM   #21
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,462
My hair cutting salon opened yesterday and I have an appointment for Friday. We have to phone ahead when we get to the parking lot and wait in our cars until your stylist is done with the person before you. No waiting in the shop. You must wear a mask. When you enter they put you in a cleaned cape and you have your temp checked and you have to use hand sanitizer. You can't even pay you have to pre-pay online or use Apple Pay.

Our county, Pop 156,000, which is 15 miles north of San Antonio has had 64 cases total, 6 deaths and currently has 15 active cases. We haven't had a death in a month and we generally see less than 2 new cases per week. Many weeks there are no new cases.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner
 
Topsail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
My hair cutting salon opened yesterday and I have an appointment for Friday. We have to phone ahead when we get to the parking lot and wait in our cars until your stylist is done with the person before you. No waiting in the shop. You must wear a mask. When you enter they put you in a cleaned cape and you have your temp checked and you have to use hand sanitizer. You can't even pay you have to pre-pay online or use Apple Pay.

Our county, Pop 156,000, which is 15 miles north of San Antonio has had 64 cases total, 6 deaths and currently has 15 active cases. We haven't had a death in a month and we generally see less than 2 new cases per week. Many weeks there are no new cases.
Where I go is similar to what your place is doing regarding safe operation. Our county population is just under 175,000 with a total of 77 covid-19 cases with 3 deaths.
__________________
2008 Voyage 35L, Allison 6 speed auto and GM Workhorse 8.1 gas
Topsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #23
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
When you enter they put you in a cleaned cape and you have your temp checked and you have to use hand sanitizer.
Why would a barber's customer need to use hand sanitizer? The money exchange? Or is this "barber" a front for some other type of business?
__________________
2019 2106 DS
Goodspike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner
 
theSane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Arizona
Posts: 139
To make you feel better after sitting in the same chair as the previous person, even though it was sanitized.
__________________
-- I must be the last optimist on the planet
2018 Winnebago Intent 31P
Roadmaster anti-sway bar Front/Rear, Safe-T-Plus, SumoSprings-Front/Rear
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #25
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Why would a barber's customer need to use hand sanitizer? The money exchange? Or is this "barber" a front for some other type of business?
Is this a joke question? Because it's pretty obvious they don't want YOU touching things with unsanitized hands. Like the stylist's chair, etc.

Perhaps you frequent "other types of businesses" and that's why you think that. I don't and appreciate them being careful.

Our grocery store will not let you enter without using hand sanitizer at the entry door either - perhaps you have "some other business" joke to go along with that????
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:00 PM   #26
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Our grocery store will not let you enter without using hand sanitizer at the entry door either - perhaps you have "some other business" joke to go along with that????
Never heard of any place requiring sanitizing hands (as opposed to providing it for a customer convenience). I've heard of them requiring gloves. Rather foolish if someone thinks they can keep an interior space sanitized by only by sanitizing hands. At the store I'd be much more likely to use it on the way out than the way in.

But, yes, it was obviously a joke.
__________________
2019 2106 DS
Goodspike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:06 PM   #27
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Never heard of any place requiring sanitizing hands (as opposed to providing it for a customer convenience). I've heard of them requiring gloves. Rather foolish if someone thinks they can keep an interior space sanitized by only by sanitizing hands. At the store I'd be much more likely to use it on the way out than the way in.

But, yes, it was obviously a joke.
The store is the largest chain in Texas. So big it drove most other stores out of the state - HEB. And they do REQUIRE you to use hand sanitizer on your way in and out of the store and they have a person physically hand everyone entering a paper towel soaked in bleach water to wipe down the cart.

Some jokes are more appreciated than others.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:43 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise
 
Kayak73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NW Georgia
Posts: 341
I've been staying away... but just catching up on the forums. I've been doing a buzz cut for years since the jokes started about the "count" of hairs on my head etc.

Now about the hand sanitizer. I carry it in my shirt pocket. The reason you use it coming in and going out the door - you gotta use your hands to open most doors. If it is an automatic door - not really. Regardless just use it and when you get home wash them - good.

I was also fortunate to have two respirators in hand along with 10 sets of P100 filters. I have used them for years to mow grass and drive the bushhog on the farm. Keeps allergies and asthma at bay and now, hopefully, covid-19.
__________________
Bill and Brenda + Mobius Big Dog
2018V24D, '13 Tiffin BR32, Tiffin 34TGA, '11 Aspect 30, 06View23H, '00 HHiker II 5W
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise
 
Eagle5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: South Bend, WA
Posts: 323
Hi Bill,
No need for hand sanitizer; just use Voice Activated Doors.
Ha-ha-ha!
Thanks, Eagle5

__________________
2019 Minnie Winnie 22M on an E-450 frame
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:08 PM   #30
Site Team
 
macnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 943
Barbers have finally reopened in California in my county. I have an appointment on Tuesday and am REALLY looking forward to getting rid of my shaggy head! Last haircut was 3/15! Iím happy to use sanitizer, face masks or just about anything necessary to get a haircut. :-)
__________________
2017 Adventurer 35P, towing 2014 Honda CRV
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:33 PM   #31
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pflugerville/Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,715
Late breaking news for Texas?
Texas governor Abbott has finally decided to follow some of the health folks advise and is now shutting down some of the places he opened a week ago. Bars were closed today at noon and restaurants cut back from 75% to 50% of capacity. Folks are not at all concerned here and he was promoting the idea that we were in the clear, even with the state setting records every day for the past week or so! Houston hospitals are near maxed out but the local Austin situation is not very clear as they have not settled on how to report the numbers as well as some pretty old school reporting like using fax machines which then have to have the data entered manually so that the count from some places is delayed about ten days!
On the grocery shopping, my wife has moved from doing her shopping locally in the suburbs and now drives a bit farther to get into the more metro area where it is more acceptable to wear the masks.
__________________
Richard
2015 Winnebago Vista 31KE on 2014 chassis
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:25 AM   #32
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Barbers have finally reopened in California in my county. I have an appointment on Tuesday and am REALLY looking forward to getting rid of my shaggy head! Last haircut was 3/15! Iím happy to use sanitizer, face masks or just about anything necessary to get a haircut. :-)
I'm just continuing to cut my own, with the wife's help for the back. Seems like way too small of a confined space and too close of proximity to someone in constant contact with others.

That said, I did go for a dentist visit, which is even closer contact. But the difference is I can't clean my own teeth and worry about gum disease if I don't have regular cleanings.
__________________
2019 2106 DS
Goodspike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:28 AM   #33
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
On the grocery shopping, my wife has moved from doing her shopping locally in the suburbs and now drives a bit farther to get into the more metro area where it is more acceptable to wear the masks.
We do Amazon Fresh delivery for most of our groceries, supplemented by produce and a few other things from Safeway early morning and/or a local produce market when they first open at 10.

I haven't been to the Fred Meyer I usually shop at for months, which is too bad because my trailer is stored along the way and now I can't check up on it as often.
__________________
2019 2106 DS
Goodspike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #34
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Late breaking news for Texas?
Texas governor Abbott has finally decided to follow some of the health folks advise and is now shutting down some of the places he opened a week ago. Bars were closed today at noon and restaurants cut back from 75% to 50% of capacity.
I think I read that Florida shut down bars too. Better late than never.

If only our Governor (Inslee) had some balls. He caves to anyone's demands even though two counties are having serious issues.
__________________
2019 2106 DS
Goodspike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:24 AM   #35
Site Team
 
ThomB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pinellas Park, FL
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
I think I read that Florida shut down bars too. Better late than never.

If only our Governor (Inslee) had some balls. He caves to anyone's demands even though two counties are having serious issues.
Florida just re-closed any bar where 50% of their revenue doesnít come from food. 50% capacity at restaurants. Weíre becoming hermits again. We have avoided crowds for the past few months and pretty much only go out to grocery shop.
__________________
Thom Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K with a 2013 Mini Cooper S Roadster toad.
ThomB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #36
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
Weíre becoming hermits again.
Doesn't bother me. This comic describes me!

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2020/04/07
__________________
2019 2106 DS
Goodspike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner
 
Topsail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 170
I'm getting where I could use another cut but I'm having second thoughts. Based on the talking heads covid doesn't seem to be abating with the summer weather.
__________________
2008 Voyage 35L, Allison 6 speed auto and GM Workhorse 8.1 gas
Topsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:31 PM   #38
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,774
I'm getting my late '60s and early '70s curls back, just not as many on top. I'm in no rush to get a haircut from anyone from my wife.
__________________
Bob C
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
W20 Chassis
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drawers sliding out during turns wlf00 Winnebago General Discussions 18 11-18-2010 04:16 PM
'95 Vectra - WW broke during windshield install JamesT Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 8 12-18-2008 10:46 AM
Keep coach heated during the Winter? PeteB Winnebago General Discussions 8 11-15-2008 07:37 PM
Generator Quitting - During turns Retired and Happy Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 12 08-14-2006 04:05 AM
car storage during extended trip Xeroid Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions 8 04-14-2005 07:19 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×