Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #61
Winnebago Owner

During Covid, we have traveled 5,000 miles, and visited 11 states. The worst places were the Walmarts along the way. Everywhere else, it was easy to maintain social distance, and interaction with people.

From what I've experienced, going to the grocery store is significantly more risky than camping.

We ate in our first restaurant since March in Nashville in June. It was a treat.

It is a personal comfort level issue, which needs to be assessed based on your age and vulnerabilities. Combined with your risk aversion comfort.

Happy trails to all, and hopefully this will go away in the next year.

San Francisco Bay Area
Old 10-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #62
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog964 View Post
We ate in our first restaurant since March in Nashville in June.
We haven't done that since the end of February. Take out and curbside only.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:11 PM   #63
RVCalypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog964 View Post
During Covid, we have traveled 5,000 miles, and visited 11 states. The worst places were the Walmarts along the way. Everywhere else, it was easy to maintain social distance, and interaction with people.

From what I've experienced, going to the grocery store is significantly more risky than camping.

We ate in our first restaurant since March in Nashville in June. It was a treat.

It is a personal comfort level issue, which needs to be assessed based on your age and vulnerabilities. Combined with your risk aversion comfort.

Happy trails to all, and hopefully this will go away in the next year.
We traveled 5750 miles visiting 5 states from May 1st through September 30th. No restaurant vists. For the most part we were boondocking and maintained several hundred feet from other campers. On the occasions we stayed at a campground we had to contantly remind people that we were social distancing. California was hands down the worst at social distancing! Before you Californian's start hating on me, I am a California native and lived there for 39 years. It's just MHO!
Old 10-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #64
kms
Winnebago Watcher

Covid Camping

The biggest headache during Covid was having reservations cancelled that were made 6 months prior and then have to make alternate plans. Early on Wyoming cancelled all reservations from non-residents, Colorado closed state park camping and so on. That was early on, not a problem later in the summer except sites were in short supply especially the weekends. We visited 5 western states. I think we camped more than last summer.

I have never felt unsafe from the very beginning to do any activity. [webaster edit]