Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2021, 03:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Smile Covid camping relief is almost in sight here at least for us.

We lucked out and got a site in perhaps the most coveted of all Canadian Parks. Wifey was on the net a half hour before the freeforal of bookings happened. Seems that the rich have slaves doing their booking for them in the Canadian National parks. We were 4800 in line before we got to book a site and by the time we got one we had to forget the summer months completely and settle for early May which can be rather chilly in Green Point: a reservation only park with no open sites and a strict policy to keep out the all night party animals and very few sites with the room for monster house rvs that sleep twenty people.

If there are still illegal bots jamming out and booking the crap out of one of the premiere parks in Canada then reselling or trading the booked reservations internationally then the crap is going to hit the fan.

As far as not being able to camp or travel in Canada I call BULLCRAP. Vancouver Island is swamped with rvs from all over the country and elsewhere on the planet because we have had less covid here on the Island. We are getting pounded with people moving here or taking up temporary residence to get the hell away from Canadian cities where covid is now starting to run rampant in a third wave.

<tin_foil_hat?humour>
I just hope Edgar Cayce was wrong about the magnetic shift of the poles.
Or worse still; what if Jeane Dixon is right about some of her dire mystical musings?
Bad enough thinking about being in Green Point when Vancouver Island suddenly "Opens up Like a Zipper"
If true the last prediction would put a damper on the sudden hords of covid campers here and the insane influx of wantabee real estate speculators who have driven the price of land to insane levels here in Canada's lotus land. But I guess all the doom and gloom does not matter much if Kenton Beshore Kyle's predictions are reliable and vetted for truthfulness. I missed the mothership that took Do while it hovered over California a few years back and didn't drink quite enough Koolaid to be enraptured along with Jim Jones, so one can say I am just a simple Canadian sceptic who likes to be at the same time somewhat optimistic because the opposite attitude toward the future of RVing as a senior here in Canada absolutely sucks!
</tin_foil_hat?humour>

Right now we cannot even get a reservation at any of the over priced private aluminium side by side slum rv camps anywhere up the inside passage to Port Hardy! Some of the prices for serviced camp sites is starting to become a total rip off the same as filling your tank with gas has suddenly become.

But enough of my growling and grumbles about that which I cannot change.

I will post some pics of our visit if we get there on May 6 without having something highjack our first outing this season.

As far as travelling south of the border as snow birds that is for wimps IMO. I love cold ocean spray on my face and watching the waves crash. Smelling the unique smells of what little is left of our temperate rain forest climate. And above all dreaming of the music and cultures that are far out across the Pacific.
In this park as I look out over the ocean I often wonder if a Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian or any other race of peoples family is looking out on a similar coast line wondering how we are doing and if we are singing and playing as we should.

Peace to all here, the covid madness will pass as long as we have the strength to look past our own troubles and dream about a future of peaceful discourse with others on this planet without prejudice.

Tags
camping