Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Zone 1 Heat Pumps problem

This is a 2011 Journey 40L. Today's outside temp 54 degrees. Interior temp zone 1 showing 59 degrees. Set point for zone 1 thermostat 65 degrees. There are 3 roof units(heat pumps), 2 for zone 1, one for zone 2, plus one LP furnace for each zone Yesterday, all systems worked fine with all numbers previously mentioned pretty much the same. Today, however, the two heat pumps (2 roof units) for zone 1 are not kicking on. One detail to note: the zone 1 furnace is not working correctly (I believe it's the sail switch-it wasn't working yesterday either). Right now the zone 2 furnace and heat pump are on and running. The only difference I can see today that's different than yesterday, is on the thermostat under zone 1 (set to electric ) the word "gas" is flashing slowly but the word "electric" is steady. On zone 2 (set to electric) the word "gas" doesn't appear at all. Even if the system is recognizing the faulty furnace in zone 1, shouldn't the heat pumps work independently of the furnace? Also, I just tried reducing the set point to within 2 degrees of the current room temp to reduce the need for the gas furnace to assist the electric heat, turned the system off waited for it to reset, turned it back on and the same results. I did check and reset(they were ok) the breakers for the roof units and when I switched to a/c the front two units worked in zone 1. It's an "RVComfort.zc" thermostat and i checked the fuse in it too. Anybody?
Steevo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Update

Well, I just found in a manual about the electric heat lock out feature. This is what has been happening and why the word "gas" was flashing on the thermostat. My electric heat pump was locked out basically because I didn't know what I was doing. I'm attaching a pic of the page I found in the manual. Hopefully, you can expand the pic to read it better. I hope this helps someone else who may come across this issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210424_173625.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	178517  
Steevo45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heat pump