Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2022, 11:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Youtube Channel With Basement Air Info

I discovered this Youtube channel via a thread on IRV2.com. It has some interesting videos on Coleman Basement Air systems:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxc...3dC_XITmwLnNYw

Here's the IRV2 thread for more info:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/sag...ml#post6253365

According to the above thread, his shop is located in Cleveland, TN, so if you're close, you're in luck.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Back in 2017, a forum member and remembered RV Mutant - DUNER, posted a good procedure for removing the Coleman Basement Air Conditioner.

Here is the link
PROCEDURE FOR SERVICING BASEMENT A/C UNITS ON WINNEBAGO PRODUCTS]PROCEDURE FOR SERVICINGBASEMENT A/C UNITS ON WINNEBAGO PRODUCTS

I hope this helps someone.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Back in 2017, a forum member and remembered RV Mutant - DUNER, posted a good procedure for removing the Coleman Basement Air Conditioner.

Here is the link
PROCEDURE FOR SERVICING BASEMENT A/C UNITS ON WINNEBAGO PRODUCTS]PROCEDURE FOR SERVICINGBASEMENT A/C UNITS ON WINNEBAGO PRODUCTS

I think this should be a "sticky".
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Here is the link

Bill/Duner is still with us, he posted on irv2.com a couple weeks ago.Bills website
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sorry, it is Dunner (RVM#23) not Duner and yes, Bill posted that article on basement AC's.
Sorry Bill,
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

It's good Dunner is still with us. His article was invaluable to us.

If anyone is putting up with rattles, squeeks, howls or any signs of AC issues, I encourage you to download his article and get to work. Seems daunting, but is just a step by step process. Really only need two people to slide it out. Light but unwieldly. Could be done with a motorcycle engine jack. You don't even have to wish you were 65 again.

We ordered the sealed bearings from Grainger, found the outside air plastic fan somewhere, never found an inside air fan. Replaced the bearings and fan. Decided to replace the outside air fan motor and capacitor. About $300 all in. Now it is so quiet the vent air sounds louder.

Thanks Dunner!

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I discovered this Youtube channel via a thread on IRV2.com. It has some interesting videos on Coleman Basement Air systems:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxc...3dC_XITmwLnNYw

Here's the IRV2 thread for more info:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/sag...ml#post6253365

According to the above thread, his shop is located in Cleveland, TN, so if you're close, you're in luck.

Bob, I used Shelburne RV for a rebuild of my Coleman Mach Basement AC/HP with great success. He is one of the few that work on these units willingly. He has the removal and re-installation down pat as well as running the unit on a test bench to make sure it is working properly before reinstalling it. If someone doesn't want to remove one of these units in DIY fashion, make an appointment and make the trip to Cleveland TN. Unlike many of the RV repair services Steve will give you an appointment and a time frame to get the work completed, and he stands behind his work.