Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Where and how to get Dometic AC parts?

I'm about to install an EasyStart soft-start device on my Dometic Brisk II ac and have found that the electrical box inside the AC unit that houses the HERM and wiring is missing it's cover. I was just going to leave it alone, but the guys at EasyStart suggest I replace it.

Trouble is that I can't seem to find name of the part of anything on this cover online. Any parts diagram I do find does not even list it. Not sure why that is the case.

Any suggestions on how to find out what this part is and how to order it? Hoping I can just order the cover and not the whole electrical box.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #2

Assuming this cover plate is not visible to the outside, how about making one, and then using some water proofing tape to hold it in place.

This Duck brand water proofing tape you get a Walmart for ~$10/roll really useful for a lot of things. It has butyl on once side and HVAC metal skin on the other. I use it all the time and it lasts a long lime.

Just cut a square out of a plastic table mat and put the tape on both sides. That should do it. Especially, if you have been living without a cover all these years.

Why do you go with the "soft start" was it because your generator was having a hard time starting your AC?
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
Assuming this cover plate is not visible to the outside, how about making one, and then using some water proofing tape to hold it in place.

This Duck brand water proofing tape you get a Walmart for ~$10/roll really useful for a lot of things. It has butyl on once side and HVAC metal skin on the other. I use it all the time and it lasts a long lime.

Just cut a square out of a plastic table mat and put the tape on both sides. That should do it. Especially, if you have been living without a cover all these years.

Why do you go with the "soft start" was it because your generator was having a hard time starting your AC?

No, got the soft start so I can run the AC on my 120v at home when preparing for trips and cleaning after mostly. I've got a two generator in parallel set up should I ever need the AC to run, but if I can do it off of one even better.

Tags
parts