Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Thermostat went dark...

I noticed this morning that the Coleman-Mach thermostat (2005 Adventurer with basement heat pump) is completely dark. I recently swapped out my battery charger but otherwise, have had no dealings with the electrical system. Incidentally, the radio next to the bed was also dead (can't vouch that they both went at the same time since neither has been needed in the last 2 weeks or so). The radio had a blown fuse. I suspected (hoped!?) that the same was true for the thermostat but, for the life of me, I can't find a 12 or 110 volt breaker that is labeled as such and none that a tripped on the panel behind the top step or under the fridge (12Volt) or in the bedroom (110Volt).

Does anyone know if there is a secret breaker (or fuse) for the thermostat?
John Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Some of those have a small glass fuse inside the stat behind the typically removable face plate.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks; I found that right after I posted and looked again to get the model number in case I have to replace it. The fuse looks good and it appears that there is power to the thermostat. Replacement may be in my near future!

Do you (or any others reading this) know of a replacement that offers more functionality than the original?

ADDENDUM: The fuse looked OK but, with nothing left to do, I just jumpered around it; it was the fuse, apparently blown right near one of the ends where it was not obvious.

Now, I wonder what the next problem will be...
John Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

There have been some discussions within various RV forums regarding owners switching out their 'RV stat' for some of the popular house models such as Nest but we personally haven't followed any of those discussions.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat