Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Solutions for faulty dometic thermostat?

Hi!
I have a similar pictured thermostat that came with my 2019 2100bh. Ive had nothing but trouble with it. The foam inserts for the haptic touch have a tendency to start randomly activating when they are not pressed...its far too sensitive. Dometic has been somewhat helpful in sending me a new faceplate, my dealer also attempted to resolve it. No luck and its clear im not alone.

The current solution is removing the faceplate and tap the contact wires for operation.

Has anyone replaced it? Ive heard you cant just replace the wall thermostat as it is somehow connected to the ac unit on the roof as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	071FCBC7-6228-4C36-BCD3-6CD822788898.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	173864  
McTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Case of too much high tech doing a simple job?
This is often just switch but throwing touch screen makes prone to fail too soon.
Diy solution is to replace with simple Honeywell from big box . Search for vids about changing stat ov RV. lots of options depending on RV features like single or two speed fan, heat pump,etc.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat