Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2010, 02:36 AM   #61
Winnie-Wise

Dealers don't read the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
I have had a conversation with Winnebago about a roof air and the guy on the line expressed surprise I would need it. Based on this thread and others that I have read, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Lots of us have marginal performance when it's extremely hot. We spent a week in Gulf Shores, AL. When the temp was 92° with high humidity, if we managed the shades, closed the vents in the bedroom and bathroom, closed the door, we could keep the inside below 80. When the temp rose above 95°, it wasn't possible.

This weekend in Texas, when the temp was above 100°, the only way to get the temp below 80 was to wait for the sun to go down.

I have purchased a screen for the windshield (lots of heat still comes through). I am in the process of ordering awnings for the windows and a rooftop air to go into the fan opening in the kitchen. I think this will solve the cooling problem.
I had an occasion to talk with three different dealers since our coach purchase. When I mention that I read this or that on the forum they answer that they don't read the forums. One place didn't even know what I was talking about. You would think that reading these posts would interest them. Joe
Old 07-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #62
Winnebago Master

No kidding Joe! On another forum, John Canfield has used his connections in Forest City to get a Winnie rep to agree to "monitor" posts on the Winnie forum, but not "actively participate". While that's a major step forward it falls short of what we all would like.

My guess is that mfgrs see this type of thing as a slippery slope that could eat up valuable resources, but I see it as a great opportunity missed.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote