Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Residential refrigerator removal

I must replace the icemaker valve on the back of the kitchenAid residential refrigerator, but cannot figure out how to free it from its space and pull it out from the cabinet (there is no access panel on the outside of the coach). It’s nearly a 3 foot reach from the front of the fridge to the back wall where an L bracket is attached...... no way to reach the screws or get them re-inserted after repair. Also don’t know how it’s anchored on the bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2013 Journey 36M
Tbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Contact Winnebago and ask them how to remove it. That is the only way you will know if you have all the fasteners removed to pull it out. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Depending on how difficult this job ends up being I'd consider replacing the entire refrigerator with a different brand! I have an 8 year old Jenn Air (same manufacturer as Kitchenaid) refrigerator at my house that has been nothing but a PITA. I've had to replace the door gaskets twice, an air diverter valve twice and the ice maker once. The only good thing is the parts are cheap (which is probably why they have such a short lifespan) and easy to replace. None so far have required pulling out the fridge (knock wood).
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, removal