Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2021, 05:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Refrigerator won't run

We replaced the converter in our motor home 2010 Winnebago journey. That went fine but when we re-hooked the batteries up and plugged them back in, our fridge won't turn on????
LIKENIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We need several more details to get into the real problem but there are some general details to keep in mind.
Some of the questions are what exact year make and model of Rv as things change over the years and then if it involves something on the frig, it can be helpful to know what brand and model of frig.
In general, the converter only works to put power into the batteries and /or send some to the 12VDC things in the coach, so changing the converter should not involve the frig anymore than all the other things like lights, vents and pump.

So tell us what and how the frig has failed? Is it a AC/Dc gas and fails on all or just part of that? It may be as simple as a fuse has failed or it could be much more but we don't have much to go on right now.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
We need several more details to get into the real problem but there are some general details to keep in mind.
Some of the questions are what exact year make and model of Rv as things change over the years and then if it involves something on the frig, it can be helpful to know what brand and model of frig.
In general, the converter only works to put power into the batteries and /or send some to the 12VDC things in the coach, so changing the converter should not involve the frig anymore than all the other things like lights, vents and pump.

So tell us what and how the frig has failed? Is it a AC/Dc gas and fails on all or just part of that? It may be as simple as a fuse has failed or it could be much more but we don't have much to go on right now.
Morich,
Thank you for the advice. I copied a friends question that was sent to me but had no experience with any of the problems.
Thank you
I copied the message from a friend I had helped with other issues but had no experience with their issue.
I replied with the suggestions and in the meantime, they had been on the phone with Winnebago who told them they needed to have a tech reset it. They didn't say what had to be reset, but it seems they didn't get much help on something they might have been able to do.
LIKENIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

No problem! Sometimes we just have muddle along as best we can.
But that can get better with more use and experience so I might make a suggestion for any future needs.
Lots of frig are kind of the same but with small differences in things that can really mess with our minds.
So while it can sound like a total brushoff on giving help, one of the big things I find on sorting if I REALLY need a repair guy is to first search out the model number on things like the furnace, frig, etc. and then go online to look for an owners manual.

One of the big things about the real owners manual if we can find exactly the right one is that they often have a troubleshooting flow chart in them! Certainly not the full solution to all our problems but if we can follow the flow chart down we can often sort the trouble to something like a loose wire, stopped up air flow or if it needs "reset". The furnace is one which does often have a procedure to reset but I'm not thinking of any on frig, so I will go with what they have been told!

Maybe next time, you can get better results and help them out! If we all keep trying, somethings got to get better!

EDIT: Just did a search for " Norcold reset and got what might be good info, if they have not called for repair??
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

pull the outside cover off behind the fridge and look on the circuit board for a couple fuses.mine had one glass one and one press in.i would start there.on mine i got it out of winter storage and went to fire it up and it was dead.checked but both were good,next step is display on the front of the fridge,it and the circuit board were close to 300 and i still didn't know if it would help so kicked it to the curb and put in a residential unit.i am a happy camper now.that norcold never could get things as cold as i like em.
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator