Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Norcold Refrigerator works fine when parked but doesn't cool when travelling

Trying to help my friend. Anyone had a problem with two door Norcold Refrigerator works fine when parked but doesn't cool when travelling causing loss of food. This problem has been looked at by two or three different service centers and all checked out ok. My thoughts are vibration is causing his fridge to shut down for some reason the service centers did not try to simulate by driving his coach so did not address his problem. Contacted Norcold would not offer any tech support. We have looked for loose connections even checked plug in on control board found nothing yet. Just wondered if anyone else has the same experience.
Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
RKL
Winnebago Owner

Onebrit. Propane flameout? What does eyebrow window say? Should say nc for no cool or no flame etc. rkl
Old 05-28-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Not sure yet as I have suggested he drive's rig while I can see if any fault message shows up.
Will keep you posted when and if this happens.
Thank you
Old 05-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Have they tried running it on propane and generator while driving to see if it is the power source or the frig? When you say it works when parked, with which source - lp, 110v or generator?
Old 05-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Had a similar problem with my small Norcold. It worked perfectly on gas or electric when the mh was connected to shore power. As soon as I unplugged from shore power the gas wouldn't work. Turned out to be the eyebrow board.
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:52 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Check the FLAME, sounds like its getting put out by the wind. Clean the tubes.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If it doesn't work on propane, check the burner for rust debris falling from flue. Often the debris plugs the burner and won't allow it to light. Easy to clean.
Skip Y
2010 Journey 40TD
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I have the same issue with my Nevercold model 841. I thought I'd fixed it, because I took several trips and it was fine, and then the last trip I took, sure enough, it shut off on it's own. Very annoying.

Check out my blog story about the issue: Refer won't stay running on propane...

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for trying to help, as far as I've been told remember I'm just trying to help my friend all sources of operation work when parked all energy sources fail during travel again I haven't ridden in coach to see what's happening when travelling on highway this is something I suggested and feel is necessary to see if control panel shows any warnings or goes blank. just as a follow up on the eye brow board I also suggested buying replacement board and swapping out even if just to eliminate this as a possible cause.
Again I really appreciate your inputs amazing we are RV people are so willing to offer advise and help I think together we can resolve this even though Norcold service Techs couldn't.
Kindest Regards

Tags
norcold, refrigerator