Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Great video. Thank you very much for the post! All in 13 minutes too. I know I would have needed louder music to cover my curse words.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

How Many?

This is a curiosity question only. I have a Norcold 1211IM which I had the latest recall installed on 21 Dec 2010.

Has anyone been able to actually determine how many fires and/or failures have actually occurred?

And, for perspective purposes, how many units are out there?

The searches I have done on the web have only resulted in stuff like "several" and "numerous", never any mention of an actual number(s). This would be significant number for me to base my decision to replace the cooling unit or the entire unit.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I would call Leon at National RV Refrigeration (yes he's Amish) - Fix Your Fridge - National RV Refrigeration

His units have a larger accumulator versus the two smaller accumulators on the OEM Nevercold 1200. He has a large following of satisfied customers who now have safe 1200s that actually cool properly.

The factory recall campaign merely adds a safety switch to shut off the fridge if the boiler temp gets too high so that it can't rupture and blow hydriogen gas out. It won't make the fridge cool any better.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I would call Leon at National RV Refrigeration (yes he's Amish) - Fix Your Fridge - National RV Refrigeration

His units have a larger accumulator versus the two smaller accumulators on the OEM Nevercold 1200. He has a large following of satisfied customers who now have safe 1200s that actually cool properly.

The factory recall campaign merely adds a safety switch to shut off the fridge if the boiler temp gets too high so that it can't rupture and blow hydriogen gas out. It won't make the fridge cool any better.
Cruzer, I'm curious does Leon sell new cooling units? Or does he just rebuild old units with his accumulator upgrade? I just recently completed a Norcold conversion using the Amish Built Cooling Unit from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse . The installation wasn't as bad as some may think and they claim that you don't need to install any stupid recall boxes that will leave you stranded somewhere.

Here is my video slideshow for anyone interested. By the way, I,m an Old Guy and did the work by myself.

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

No, he sells complete cooling units. I was impressed with his knowledge of RV cooling systems. If you have any questions a call to him would surely help answer them.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote