Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No heat from floor register

Need suggestions please, recently purchased a 1999 Minnie Winnie and turned on the heater for the first time and about froze sleeping on the sofa. There is a register on the floor at the dining seat but no heat comes out, it has plenty of heat coming out of ducts in the back. Where is the furnace located and how do I get heat for the galley area?
LJ33mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ33mw View Post
Need suggestions please, recently purchased a 1999 Minnie Winnie and turned on the heater for the first time and about froze sleeping on the sofa. There is a register on the floor at the dining seat but no heat comes out, it has plenty of heat coming out of ducts in the back. Where is the furnace located and how do I get heat for the galley area?
If you’re getting heat elsewhere, my guess would be that one register has become disconnected. I’d start at the register itself, unscrew it, gently pull it out and see if it’s connected to the tubing that supplies heat. If it’s fine, only then would I look at the connection at the heater, but it’s probably one or the other. And no, without looking on Winnebago’s site, I wouldn’t know off the top of my head where your heater is located, but if you walk around outside, and find the exhaust, it’s most likely on the other side of that wall.

But check out the online diagrams of your rig if the register is connected.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you Wyatt for your suggestion I'll check that out.��
LJ33mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:22 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ33mw View Post
Thank you Wyatt for your suggestion I'll check that out.��
If the duct is disconnected, be sure and have some furnace tape on hand to secure it so that doesn’t happen again.

Tags
heat