Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2019, 07:39 AM   #1
Taking it as it goes

New Navion furnace questions

I have a new 2018 Navion. This is my third sprinter based class C and it seems like this furnace puts out a LOT less heat than the units in my previous coaches. I’ve been using it all winter and in temps anything below 50, the furnace has to run pretty much constantly to keep the coach at all warm. In my other coaches once the furnace got warmed up, the air coming out of the vents closest to the furnace would almost burn you. Not at all the case with this one.

Is anyone with this same model getting this same inadequate performance from their furnace?

Also, when running, this furnace puts out a rather unpleasant smell. A bit hard to describe. Something akin to a chemical smell?

Any similar experiences or ideas?
Free Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The smell should be gone after the first few uses. (manufacturing oil film to prevent rust) If not the heat exchanger might not be getting hot enough to burn it off. Look at the flame and make sure it is efficient. (spiders love to build webs in the orifice / air shutter assembly) Look for soot on the outside exhaust. (this would indicate a improper flame)
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Locate the furnace compartment from the inside (usually accessible under a bed) and make sure all of the duct work is attached. The furnace has to deliver warm air to the coach living areas to heat effectively.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace