Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2006, 03:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Can someone maybe save me the effort of looking at my fridge (which is at home - I'm not) and tell me what model I have? 2004 Adventurer (as below) no icemaker, standard two door.

Doing a little research into a code "S" I got last weekend. It was working fine for quite a while, then, it'd pop the S and shut down. I found it's a flame sense circuit failure, but I'm not sure what model I have to do a deeper dive into possible issues.

Thanks,

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Can someone maybe save me the effort of looking at my fridge (which is at home - I'm not) and tell me what model I have? 2004 Adventurer (as below) no icemaker, standard two door.

Doing a little research into a code "S" I got last weekend. It was working fine for quite a while, then, it'd pop the S and shut down. I found it's a flame sense circuit failure, but I'm not sure what model I have to do a deeper dive into possible issues.

Thanks,

Old 07-18-2006, 03:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Well having the model number didn't really help. It's an N822. Pulled up the service manual, troubleshooting for a code "S"? "Replace power board."

Do they do any durability/key life testing on these things at all? Internet is full of people replacing them.

Anyone have a good Norcold contact? A buddy of mine happens to do the testing they need. I could swing a great deal for them, I want a power board that will last!

Old 07-18-2006, 07:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Tim - does yours have the three year warranty? Maybe the fix will be on their nickle (if you got the manditory second-year service performed and documented by an authorized facility.)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(if you got the mandatory second-year service performed and documented by an authorized facility.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, enlighten me please about the mandatory service...

Tom
Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Tom - that only applies to certain models made after a certain date. Here is the link with the particulars. Special attention to clause #5.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:17 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks John... Well that one certainly slipped by me. My fridge will be 3 years old this October, and knock-on-wood, it's been trouble free so far. There's no sense in getting the mandatory two year service done since warranty will be expiring soon.

Now, back to the topic. John, is your fridge getting any colder? Have you been driving (shaking it around a bit)?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Tom - the reefer is just limping along. Our freezer is about 12 degrees and the fridge is about 42 with the thermostat at 9

We have a service appointment at a Winnie/Norcold dealer in Anchorage next Wednesday (the soonest we could get.) This is causing a bit of a scheduling problem since I have the next six weeks sort of roughed out; but the thing must be fixed.

We will be boondocking in the Tek campground inside Denali NP beginning this morning for six days and I hope it continues to limp along.

BTW - we will probably not be on the forums until next Tues/Wed as I doubt that I will be able to use the Datastorm at Tek due to trees.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

From what I'm reading, I think you'll be fine with the fridge temp for the next 6 days (until it's checked out). Might be interesting to hold a smoky stick up near the lower vent on the exterior and see if smoke really gets pulled inside (i.e.- the fans are pulling air)...
Dave from MN has a good point too about having a lot of food inside the fridge which restricts air movement. -A little circulating fan on the inside makes a big difference.
Good luck.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Hey Tom - well much to my delight and Jane's displeasure (sort of) the Datastorm works great here! I have to limit my Internet time though to be a good citizen of the Republic and enjoy the wilderness

We do use a little battery operated fan in the fridge - we used one on the boat for years with good results. Like I said on another thread if I don't run of propane (the reefer flame is now burning 7x24) we'll be fine.

Our lows are forecast for 35 to 45 tonight so that should help a bunch.