Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2022, 09:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Minnie Drop Furnace ID and Questions

Just purchased a 2017 Winnie Drop 170S and the furnace isn't working properly. I can't find out the model number of the furnace anywhere online hoping someone here might know. Thanks
silverta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Often the info on trailers is much less than motorhome, so one of the most relaible ways to ID things is the metal plate on the item!

I admit there are times when just getting the cover off IS the problem but if you have one you can access, look for the tag, maybe as the quicker way?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

There is no access panel. I have to remove the 100lb mattress and plywood floor below the bed to gain access. I was hoping someone had the same trailer and could direct me.

It has 2 output vents inside the trailer and the bottom one blows luke warm and the top one blows cold air. It is igniting and you can feel hot exhaust coming out on the outside. Won't heat the trailer now as is. Something isn't right.
silverta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay, that gives some really good clues! Two things you are telling are important as we now know the fire is lit and the blower is running. One vent giving only slight heat and the other none, tells me the ductwork from the furnace is dropping off and almost all the heated air is blowing out around under the floor, etc, instead of staying in the ducts and coming inside.

One quick guess would be that there are two flex ducts and they may have fallen off what passes as a phlenum on RV furnaces. One possible way to test this and see if you might locatewhere this is going on, is to look /feel for extra warm spots like cabinets, etc which should NOT be heated!
If the furnace is running but the RV is not as warm as the front of one cabinet, that is a good place to look under that cabinet! Also if you pull a drawer out and lots of warm air comes out, look there? Or it may be as hard as getting down to the furnace back itself to put it back together. Bummer....
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace