Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Magic Chef Range Igniter

I have a 20-year-old, 3 burner, Magic Chef range top, model #CLZ8505BDB.
After many phone calls to Maytag, Magic Chef, Whirlpool I got the same responses, "part is discontinued" and was passed on to the next supplier in line.

Has anybody had any luck finding the old part somewhere or a good replacement part? If not, I guess we will just keep using matches or a butane lighter.

Thanks
Gary
Gary Gilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are times when we can get lucky on sites like E-bay if we can sort down to a part number and then do a Google search, it may show up under the part number.

Sine it is an appliance added to the RV, it will not be expected to show as a Winnebago part so I might go this way. First get a firm model like you hsow and then look for that brand andmodel to find a part number for the igniter. Once I have that, I go to Google and search that number and hope to get lucky with folks elling old stock, etc.

The igniter is likely not a really high tech specific part so next step might be to look for some other brand which fits or go used but the used is a trek!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote