Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Lp guage blew off

The LP Guage blew off the main LP tank under the Class A Diesel Pusher 2005 Winnebago Journey. Anyone know what guage to purchase & from where to replace it? And how to replace it safely?
jazzymouse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Really? How does a gauge blow off from a tank? Given that propane expands as a vapor 270 times greater than its liquid state I would err on the side of caution and replace the tank. Why/how did it "blow" out?
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Give Winnebago a call and see if they give you some info on what to buy.

I just went out and looked at my 2006 Journey and it looks like you can just screw in a new sensor if the threads in the tank are OK.

If some of the level sensing parts are left inside, that may be a concern and they may or may not need to be removed.

When you get it refilled the propane place will need to purge the tank before filling it.

BTW are you saying the sensor just blew off the tank and all the propane rushed out?

Did the sensor come loose and just unscrew or what?
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

It is more than likely a Manchester Tank Gauge. They have two different types that clip over a part in the tank. The gauge works via a magnet. One gauge has wires that send reading to the panel in coach the other does not. Manchester Tank G12846 Propane Tank Gauge LP RV

The clip on part is somewhat fragile as I had to tape mine on because one of the clips broke.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote