Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2021, 12:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

LP and Electric Furnace both run simultaneous

My 2001 Journey's thermostat has "AC". "Off, "Gas Furnace", and "Electric Furnace" options. When set to Electric both the Gas and Electric furnaces turn on. Does anyone know if that is normal behavior? Thank you for any information you might have.
neilcjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You say electric furnace - do you mean heat pump? If it is a heat pump, then the gas furnace will run to keep the temp differential at about 5 deg. If the heat pump (electric heat) can't maintain the your thermostat setting then the gas furnace will start. Heat pumps typically will not work well at temps under about 45 deg. F.
Phil-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Yes, I meant heat pump. That makes total sense, I *ass*umed* the electric heat meant there were electric elements in the heat pump like a home furnace would have. I take it that's not the case. I really appreciate your quick response. Take care and stay safe!
neilcjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace