Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-04-2022, 05:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How to get to dometic dsfa12 furnace reset and sail switch?

How do I get to the reset switch or the sail switch on the dometic Dfsa12? There’s no panel on the outside, like in all the videos I’ve seen from searching for it. Also, can I take the exhaust panel off the outside to try and see if anything is blocking the tube?
This furnace is in a 2020 1808fbs. I just bought it and the original only owner never used it, and put screens on the furnace and water heater when he bought it new.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Some things will vary depending on how it is installed in each RV but that is a good time to go to real manuals to get an idea of where to go next. Like if it is set next to a wall and I tell you to open that side? Go with what you see, not what we might tell you!!

So I "think" this is the correct manual for that furnace, so give it a hard look to see if it matches:
https://www.dometic.com/assets/14/52...01_81452.pdfit matches.

If correct, down about page 17, I see some good info on how it was installed and that gives a heads up on how to take it apart?

Near page 23, are the electrical drawings and it also shows the sail switch as well as a second item which might need checked as they can go open if overheating.
Do you know about a "limit switch"? It is often just a little button type gizmo which opens if things get too hot. Not a real common problem but it will also keep it from running!

But before doing too much manual labor, do check the troubleshooting section down about page 25 for reset of things.
Hope that gets you going or on the chase!

Maybe this should be turned upside down as the first thing to check may be the last page they list?? Check first, work last!!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t able to get to that link, but I did find the installation manual at the dometic website.maybe from that I can figure it out
Old 11-05-2022, 07:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Sorry!

Let's see if this works better?

https://www.dometic.com/assets/14/52...1_01_81452.pdf

For reset?
Click to get a better view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reset.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	148.8 KB