Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

House AC Drain

Fairly new to RVing with a 2016 Vista LX. Is there supposed to be a drain on the house AC or do you just let it drain to the lowest corner of the roof??
Beigebetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beigebetty View Post
Fairly new to RVing with a 2016 Vista LX. Is there supposed to be a drain on the house AC or do you just let it drain to the lowest corner of the roof??
That’s what ours does.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I was wondering the same thing. I guess you can see how level your parking job is?
Could you make a wick type string or line to divert the water to drip off the side of rig instead of right down on the body panel? Or is that a dumb idea?
Fotoguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
Site Team

On some upper models there are dedicated drain lines and even a small pump in each A/C unit. On the Vista it's gravity. On my Adventurer there are pumps and hidden drain lines. One in the rear driver's side of the rear cap and another in the front passenger side of the front cap.

Get the exact model/part number of your A/C and check and see if you can retrofit a drain pump. Many Coleman Mach 8's are wired and plumbed for you to add a pump.

On one AZ EXPERT YouTube roof inspection video he showed a roof where the owner laid down two large lines of dicor or other sealant to make a path for the condensate to travel over the side away from any doors.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the responses! Guess I will just let it drain off.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

After I level the coach, I go to manual and raise the front jacks, a little , so condensate runs off one of the back corners. When on my pad I do use a cotton rope set in the roof track to guide the water into a bucket instead of dripping on to the pad,making a mess.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Great suggestion. May do the same.. THX!!