Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #1
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Help 2106ds furnace issue

On a 2106ds please tell me the location of the Furnace circuit board ignitor and thermal coupler? I've looked everywhere and can't find the access panel to the above items.
stoney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hey Stoney, see if you can retrieve guidance from this link.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ams-19250.html

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:01 AM   #3
2106 DS Micro Minnie

I'm not having much luck finding any manuals for my 2106DS.. someone suggested access may be had by removing the refrigerator but wasn't sure. Surely I'm not the first one having problems with the furnace and access to the circuit board and ignitor. Can anyone help?
Old 03-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

If this is a new unit, did you not get the packet of info which includes furnace info? The online manual is in the list from the Winnebago site, as well.
By the question of where the igniter is found, I might guess that you are severely short on experience to deal with propane.
Almost by definition the ignitor has to be where the fuel is ignited. And that ignitor will have a lead going to the board which is real close by.
So for a place to start, a furnace has to have air and exhaust, so look for those.
This looks like a furnace access to me:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	furnace access.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	173119  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Stoney1, if you cannot find any manuals for your problem you might post a few good pictures of the furnace both from inside the trailer and on the outside where the intake and exhaust vents are located. From other pictures that I found online (which were not very good), it does look like the furnace might be located under the refrigerator. Also, in the picture above from Morich; the item he has circled looks like the hot water heater so open the outside door to that and take a picture also. It looks like that might be located next to the furnace.

Finally, did you look under the trailer for an access panel? They are sometimes located there but difficult to spot especially if your camper has a cold weather package.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
If this is a new unit, did you not get the packet of info which includes furnace info? The online manual is in the list from the Winnebago site, as well.
By the question of where the igniter is found, I might guess that you are severely short on experience to deal with propane.
Almost by definition the ignitor has to be where the fuel is ignited. And that ignitor will have a lead going to the board which is real close by.
So for a place to start, a furnace has to have air and exhaust, so look for those.
This looks like a furnace access to me:
Yes, I have limited experience, but I did find the exhaust on the outside of trailer and no access from there. The item you have a pic of is the water heater access panel and no access to the furnace from there. On the inside of the trailer I examined the duct panel under the refrigerator, no access there. I removed the electrical breaker panel and was able to reach my arm all the way in and activate the reset button (if you ever need to that now you know how) and I could see with a flashlight the edge of the circuit board but no way to work on it from there. So, given my limited experience, I'm thinking access either has to be under the refrigerator or from under the trailer. I was hoping someone would enlighten me before I removed the refrigerator or the enclosed bottom of the trailer. Oh, and also the manual which I examined first was no help.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:39 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Steve,
You probably already tried this, but have you removed the outside access panel for the refrigerator and looked around inside there for an access panel for the furnace?
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Okay, maybe time to call the Winnebago folks! If they have built a furnace with no access without lots of trouble, shame on them, as the furnace often needs some cleaning and looking over for things that are pretty common.
Which may bring around another way to go. What type trouble do you have? Sounds like it's not lighting? That can often be as simple as a mud dauber building a nest that blocks the air flow! So when listening to the furnace as we fire it up, we may get the sound of the blower and that runs for some time but shuts off. There is a sail switch, which blows in the air stream and if it doesn't get enough air, it doesn't move to make the rest of the lighting happen.
If that sounds like what's up, maybe it doesn't need access, for right now but cleaning the in/out vents and putting a bug cover on might get you fixed for short term?
I'm with you on wanting access for later, though!!
Any chance of the inside panel having something sneaky for turning it loose? Maybe some hidden clips, etc.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:27 AM   #9
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones2003 View Post
Steve,
You probably already tried this, but have you removed the outside access panel for the refrigerator and looked around inside there for an access panel for the furnace?
Duh.. I have not looked there. I will and let you know. thanks
Old 04-05-2020, 01:01 PM   #10
2106 DS Micro Minnie

So...the refrigerator does NOT have to be removed for access to the furnace. The actual furnace has to be removed to do ANY type of service work to it. To do so, remove the heat vent panel located below the refrigerator. There you see the metal furnace box. Remove the duct from the box and panel. The reset/off button is on the far end of the furnace box near the outside wall along with the mother board, gas valve, igniter etc. Turn it off. In order to get to those other items turn off the gas supply, unhook the gas line from the furnace, unhook all duct work and pull the furnace directly out of the panel opening being careful of the wiring. You may have to wiggle it to get the box to pull loose from the exhaust flue. Taking the exhaust vent cover off from the outside of the trailer will NOT aid you in getting the furnace loose or help you in getting it back together when done servicing the unit. The furnace simply slides on and off the vent flue.
My problem turned out to be a bad limit switch. This was indicated by a flashing light fault code on the mother board. You can only see this flashing code after pulling the furnace box out from the cabinet under the refrigerator as described above. I hope this post is helpful to someone fumbling around like I did.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Steve:
I have replaced the limit switch in my unit and the sail switch tests out just fine. I still get the blinking light every 3 seconds. Any thoughts on what to try next???
tnjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjanderson View Post
Any thoughts on what to try next???
Call the furnace manufacturer. Is it Suburban? I'm sure they probably have phone or email customer support.

Here's the webpage for Suburban Support: https://www.airxcel.com/rv/suburban/...e-support/faqs

Scroll down for furnace FAQs. Though it looks like they'll send you to a authorized repair shop.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjanderson View Post
Steve:
I have replaced the limit switch in my unit and the sail switch tests out just fine. I still get the blinking light every 3 seconds. Any thoughts on what to try next???
Does the blower fan start at all?
Old 04-24-2021, 11:01 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

2106DS Furnace Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Call the furnace manufacturer. Is it Suburban? I'm sure they probably have phone or email customer support.

Here's the webpage for Suburban Support: https://www.airxcel.com/rv/suburban/...e-support/faqs

Scroll down for furnace FAQs. Though it looks like they'll send you to a authorized repair shop.

Thanks! I will try them!
Old 04-26-2021, 01:45 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
Does the blower fan start at all?
Yes --- just does not ignite. I also tried to replace the Sail Switch, but the part has been "updated" and the new design does not physically fit into my unit. I got frustrated so I took the furnace to the local dealership where I bought the trailer and they are analyzing it for me now. I just ran out of time and had to get it fixed before using it next month.
Thanks for your input!
Tnjanderson

Tags
furnace, ace