Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2023, 04:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Heating or ??? 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F

I figure this question has to do with heating or something that generates heat.

Ok - On a 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F, what is behind the screen that is located left of the entrance door. Even has what looks like a mail slot below the screen. I've looked in all my manuals and other manuals and cannot find what it is. Not even a picture in the manuals.
Help!!!!
Thanks
fyreplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 06:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think it's your inverter. I looked at the 2014 3-D Parts Catalog and there are two versions for the 2014 37F based on serial number. This one, for SNs beginning with 70J82R2 (page for 110V Wiring) shows an inverter and cover in that location (front of MH is to the left). You can zoom and move around in for more detail:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2014/186520.htm

If I'm wrong, you can explore the parts catalog and figure out what it is.
Unfortunately, Winnebago's owner's manual aren't specific to different models, with only one manual for all varieties of 2014 Suncruisers.

Winnebago's Owners Resources page has a lot of resources in addition to the parts catalog: https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If it is a 1000 W or 2000 W Xantrex inverter than there has to be some way to access it as its ouput side goes thru a GFCI duplex outlet that has a Test and Reset button that you have to be able to access. It's also allowed to plug loads directly into those outlets. Inverters generate about 5-8 watts of heat for each 100 watts of load on their output and have cooling fans, and air inlets on one end and air outlets on the other end. so they are always installed so that there can be cooling air.

When Winnebago puts them in a basement compartment they put a C shaped metal shroud around them for protection with the ends open for airflow and to provide access to the GFCI to operate the test and reset buttons and the outlet itself.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:28 PM   #4
Site Team

It’s not an inverter, it’s your water heater. There is a body panel covering your plain water heater door. The panel is hinged at the top (hidden) and four screws on the underside of the bottom of the body panel. Remove the four screws, lift the hinged panel and you’ll find the true door to your water heater.

The grate at the top is for heat to pass out of the water heater. The “mail slot” is an air intake for the water heater.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2023, 06:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Bingo!!!
Thanks creativepart for the reply. They don't make it easy to get too. Now onto other hidden items. ������
Old 01-13-2023, 09:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Boy, do I feel dumb. I should have asked for more specific location information.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:40 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Since you are poking around for hidden panels in that area, removing the magazine rack in the front bathroom gives you access to all the connections for the components in the outside TV compartment.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 06:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Boy, do I feel dumb. I should have asked for more specific location information.
Not dumb!
This communications stuff is really a lot harder than it might seem! I also wondered if left of door was from inside or outside. One way you get inverter and the other you get water heater?

As long as we all keep trying to communicate, it'll all work out..
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Well, as creativepart stated, I removed the screws below the panel and opened up the hinged door and "Bust my Buttons" there was the water heater.
One thing I've always believed and what I told a group of young individuals when I retired, "You will never be old enough to stop learning." When that day happens, I'll be dead.
Old 01-14-2023, 02:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

For a site where we can learn all kinds of things about what and where on our RV, I like this site:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Takes a bit to learn the controls but once there it gets lind of like a video game but with more purpose if you like to learn things without crawling around the RV!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating, heat, itasca, suncruiser