Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-23-2022, 06:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Heat duct on 2022 1708FB Micro Minnie trailer

I am working on a small DOMETIC furnace, and noticed it has a small 2" or 3" duct on the left side of the unit, in addition to like a 5" front duct. Seems I read somewhere that the left small duct goes to the bathroom, yet I see no obvious duct in the bathroom. The small left side duct near the furnace drops into the sub floor. Any ideas ?
I thought it might simply be under the shower or under the bathroom cabinet. I may have to call winnebago to answer this question.
Thanks for the info/help
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Do you have compartments below and plumbing running through those? Adding heat to keep the plumbing and floors warm is one reason for a duct going down. It definitely extends the usable season for the RV if the plumbing is protected.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Most likely it goes under the floor to heat the tanks/plumbing. That is how ours in ducted in the 22 2100BH.
NV_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I agree with NV_Camper.

The fabric bottom of the Micro Minnie is not attached to the top of the frame rails. As such, it is incredibly easy to inspect what is going on under the floor (see the tanks, dump valves, electrical, etc). I recommend getting a cheap borescope off Amazon and simply slipping it over the frame rail and having a look. It’s $30 or so and a great diagnostic tool. The cheap ones use your phone as the video display… works great.

Tags
heat