Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Furnace repair/removal in a 2011 Sightseer 33

Hello,
Our new new us low miles/use 2011 Sightseer 33 propane furnace has given me performance problems at high altitudes..above 5,000'. Some recommend changing orifices.
My question is, how is the furnace accessed and removed? After removing the access panel with the vents incorporated I can see the furnace 'box' but it does not allow furnace access. The furnace is mounted in a void between the back RV panel and rear bedroom wall. TIA for advice. JANDV
JANDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just in case you haven't looked at them ...... there are several youtube videos on furnace removal/repair available. Likely not your exact configuration, but there may be a tip or two that will help you proceed. Good luck with the fix, and safe travels.

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have seen them. I am looking for the specific application of the Sightseer 33 furnace as it's location is between the rear cap and the bedroom wall.
Thank you, Jay
Old 12-04-2020, 04:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here I am bout a year and a half, back again hoping for more or any info on the remove and replace of the propane furnace located at the rear of our Sightseer 33. As noted above there are videos on furnace removal but not this model. Thanks for any help!
Old 12-04-2020, 06:51 PM   #5
Site Team

It is super doubtful you'll find such a video for your model. But you'll see others with the exact same model of furnace and these will inform you when you attempt to remove yours.

Not every Sightseer 33 has a problem with their furnace and also is the kind of person that posts a video or even posts about it on a forum.

What part of this project do you not understand? Perhaps there are folks that can talk you though parts of it.

Have you tried to remove the furnace? If so, what problems did you have?

As an FYI, I'd guess any independent RV tech could tuck into yours and have it removed and or replaced in no time.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

For the most part I don't use it. However I prefer things work and function correctly and I do much of my own wok.
As for the rear mounted furnace it will start, ignite and run for somewhere around 10 minutes. It then cycles to cold and shuts down. I suspect the high temp 'sensor' can't recall the correct name of it right now.
The real thing that stumps me, after removing the large cover there's the cold/exhaust tubes and neither the furnace nor wiring are accessible. I have no plans to remove the entire back cap to get at it!
Thank you!
Old 12-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
Site Team

On my Adventurer the heater is at the rear of the RV. The exhaust ports are next to the license plate, in fact. The main bathroom is also at the far back of the motorhome with the bath cabinet along the back wall. In the middle of the cabinet is a space for what looks like three drawers, but there are only two. The bottom space is blank and covered by a wood panel. The heater resides behind that panel.

I would think that there has to be something similar on your Sightseer or at least some way to get at the heater to repair it. Perhaps from underneath the RV?
Old 12-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #8
Site Team

On your 3D Parts diagram located here:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2011/175777.htm

You can zero in on the heater and it's location. It looks to be under the floor so, perhaps you need to crawl under the RV at that location and see if that's how the heater is accessed.

Here is a screen shot of that diagram:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 10.52.03 AM.png
Views:	86
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	176106  
Old 12-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Yes, The sightseer furnace location appears to be in the same rear location. However the cabinet/drawer location is in the bedroom on the drivers side, that allows waterheater access. While lying under the rear one can see it up there, well past arms length! Thank you, every bit helps!
Old 12-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

My Adventurer has the hollow rear cap and rear mounted furnace.

I've taken mine completely out. Took the rear finish trim off, then pulled off an inner panel. Just took the screws off the edges of the inner panel. Couple more screws held the furnace in if I recall correctly, not a hard job for sure.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 10:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

In case anyone is still wonder how to access the furnace on the 33C. Once you take of the exterior cover on the rear of the coach, you'll see the box with the intake and exhaust opening through it. Look at the bottom of this panel, there will be 3 to 4 screws that are only on the bottom, they hold the cover to the box. Remove these screws, they can be a pain but they will come out. Once these screws are out you'll need to pull the bottom out and slide the top of the plate down and out at the top of the box. Behind this cover will be your heater. I found it easier once the plate slide down out of the lip to slide it back up and rest it on top of the box while checking the furnace. Hope if someone else comes looking like I did this helps.
Kev_Gretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, removal, furnace, sightseer, ace