Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #41

Hittntheroad: So you are saying your Suburban would sometime work and other times would not? ...Just like CreativePart's CB?

And, when you soldered the old board, was it for cracked solder joints; and were there diodes on the board that had cracks?

...Can you post a picture of your old board (now your backup board) and point to the cold solder joint on the back?

BUY OR REPLACE

Why are you recommending to buy a "Dinosaur Board" if you an still buy a new CB from a parts distributor?

CreativePart said his new Suburban CB was $160 from a knowledgeable service shop; and I would gladly pay that price to have a knowledgeable service tech clean my Suburban out and give it the "once-over" because frankly I don't know what I would be looking for.

I suppose I can learn, but if you are in a hurry to get your heater working again, it's good to know a where you can get service.

On the other hand, this post is turning into ways you can repair your old CB for free if you know where to look. And when you are stuck in a campsite, and need your heater, it's also good to know you can repair your CB yourself, and again, FOR FREE!

In the last 4 years I have paid a TV-Satellite repair in Montana $300 ($100/visit) to diagnose my circuit boards. And one time I took him my whole Dimensions Inverter... which he repaired for $100 and I could not have been happier.

The next year this same shop repaired my Vehicle Data Computer (VDC); and this year he repaired my new Holding Tank Sensor board.

In total, I saved thousands of dollars by repairing the old circuit boards, and now I'm learning that these cold solder joints can be spotted using a high power reading glasses -- and with a simple solder iron -- FOR FREE -- if you know where to look on the CB -- you might be able to do your own repair.

Of course, some more validation can help. So please post pictures if you can.

==> I think I will open a new thread on "How to repair your old circuit board." So watch for it.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Here is my old board I resoldered. It’s the brown piece. Not sure what it is called.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	358EFED3-60E7-4838-B7B1-190519952AAD.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	180016   Click image for larger version

Name:	7E20B78F-6D3B-4B8D-8CFC-9E5D5C6CFA6C.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	180017  

Tags
ace, furnace, light