Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Furnace concerns ...

Our propane furnace started to make a funny sound when it shuts down. It sounds fine when starting and heats fine also. When it shuts down there is a squeal at the very end of the blower shutting down. My first guess was a bearing but the sound is different than that. It is more tinny. I know there is some sort of "Sail Switch" that must move to let the gas turn on. It sounds more like that.

So I took off the outside cover and looked around. I was hopping to find a place to oil but nothing. It looks like the whole furnace will need to come out to get to the fun parts. Can anyone suggest the best course of action??? It looks like to remove the furnace I need to remove the outer cover bracket then there looks to be 2 mount screws in the base.

What I do not know is how the furnace is connected to the duct system. There is no panel inside the RV. The furnace is located on the very back of the RV above the hitch.

This is 35ft 2002 Ithaca Suncruizer

Thanks in advance ....

Cburg
Cburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace