Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2021, 03:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Forza Whirlpool W/D Issues

Our Winnebago Forza came with a Whirlpool (WFW3090JW) stacked washer and dryer, of course the washer currently has open door lite flashing and won’t start.

There is only a cold water service to the washer, no hot water valve, and apparently the machine has an internal hot water heater. Want to replace the junk stacked unit with a combo one.

Anyone aware of a combo w/d with internal water heater that is compatible with the single water supply?
Edbehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:21 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It would probably be easier to reply b the washer to a hot water only supply.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Its not that old so I would be inclined to check and see if its just a failed micro switch that detects when the lid is closed. I just had to replace one in my dishwasher and the local Grainger Supply had the Honeywell Brand with a much higher amperage rating for $3.71 after the sales tax. The switch rated for up to 25 amps should last much longer than the original switch which was only rated for 15 amps.

It could even be something as simple as the connector on the switch came loose and needs to be plugged back in.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The RV technicians replaced the door switch wi no effect
N the place the min control unit..no effect
They gave up and gave me a check for a new one
I found a New wie harness on ebay for $100 (half price ) and replaced it myself
That did it. It works fine now and I am $1200 ahead
Edbehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #5
Site Team

We have the Splendide stacked unit in our Adventurer. When I first saw the coach I was disappointed that it didn't come with the Whirlpool set. However, since then I've seen LOTs of complaints about the Whirlpool units and Spendide is the preferred maker across the board.

I understand yours is fixed now (and you got fully compensated and then some) but if you do decide to replace it as a stacked unit I recommend going with the Spendide models. And, I think you'd be happy you stuck with the stacked W/D rather than the Combo.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Forza Owner Here

We had the same issue and replaced the micro switch on the door. Easy change. We have also found that pushing directly on the handle when closing the door helps to activate the switch. Don't slam it, just push directly on the handle. Both of these solved our same issue.
LizandBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

There are times when the micro- switch on washers gets a bit loose or gets ment so that it doesn't get pushed just enough and one can do a temp fix by adding just a bit of something to the latch that trips the switch?

Might be worth looking at whether that would do the job by pushing the switch in while looking to see if the washer then works???
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote