Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dometic Fridge Issues

Hi all - I have a MicroMinnie 1700BH (2020) with the RM2554 dual fridge. Recent camping the fridge struggled to get below 47. Heat indexes were above 100 during the day, but a prior trip to Big Bend with similar temps showed no issues.

Issue is during the day the fridge temp would rise to 57-60 degrees without opening the door and nothing but a couple of jars in the fridge. Overnight the fridge would get down to 47. Freezer works perfectly. Nothing is blocking the vents and the fan was working in the rear.

I testing the thermistor's resistance by placing the sensor in ice water and checking. Reading was not in the correct range. I had read on various boards that if the thermistor is left unplugged and the fridge runs, it should default to being ice cold, but the temp never got below 56 degrees or so.

Any ideas or resources you can point me to on addressing the issue?

Thank you.
Kevin77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge