Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Exclamation Diagram of the AC and DC electrical cables to the icemaker

I would like to know if any of you have a connection diagram of the AC and DC electrical cables to the icemaker.

I replaced the Norcold cooling unit with the residential HVAC but the icemaker does not work, I must have made some wrong connections.

Unfortunately, no Norcold or Whirlpool manual has an exhaustive outline.

My refrigerator is a 4-door Norcold 1201LRIM.

Thanks now to those who can help me.
Tony65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Think you will find the icemaker solenoid is identical in virtually all fridges residential or RV. Suggest you should be able to get the answer by searching for the icemaker solenoid wiring diagram. To my knowledge, there is only an AC connection to the RV solenoid as it is identical to home units. I have replaced my RV one annually until last year when I rebuilt the plumbing line to the actual unit in the fridge so I could drain the fridge line in the fall before our freezing winter in Ontario. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Think you will find the icemaker solenoid is identical in virtually all fridges residential or RV. Suggest you should be able to get the answer by searching for the icemaker solenoid wiring diagram. To my knowledge, there is only an AC connection to the RV solenoid as it is identical to home units. I have replaced my RV one annually until last year when I rebuilt the plumbing line to the actual unit in the fridge so I could drain the fridge line in the fall before our freezing winter in Ontario. Good luck,

Thanks Bobmac!
Old 02-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

In conclusion...

here is the scheme sent to me by Norcold, today Thetford!

I hope it will also be useful to someone else.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Norcold Ice Maker Wiring Schematic.pdf (14.6 KB, 51 views)
Old 02-26-2020, 05:32 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

You say you replaced the cooling unit, with what exactly? I replaced mine with the Johnson Controls compressor unit. Took me a while to get the ice maker working while I fine-tuned the cooling settings. The freezer compartment with the icemaker must drop below 11 degrees for the icemaker to work. (at first refer compartment was getting too cold too fast, and freezer wasn't.)

After fine tuning, I could get the freezer compartments down to 10 below, but the refer was a bit too cold at 28, so I settled for 0-5 in freezer, and 35-38 in the refer. Very happy with results.

Other than that, wiring was the same, just plugged into the original circuit board. Norcold has full wiring and installation instructions on their web site.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Journey39n,
is that the amash unit? do you like it? I'm trying to talk myself into it.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:39 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

To clarify, Johnson Controls does make the Amish Unit cooling unit. That is similar to the oem Norcold cooling unit but with more coils and thicker walled pipes. They also make a 120v and 12v compressor cooling unit, I installed the 120v compressor cooling unit.

They have an excellent video posted on their website detailing the installation, a little simpler than installing the oem unit, in my opinion.

In my case, I replaced my cooling unit some 8 years ago, 2 months after the warranty expired, a floating clog kept it from working properly. That new oem unit worked as good as Norcolds do, until last November when it developed a pinhole in the coils. Ammonia & Hydrogen gas hissing out, yellow gunk dripping, a mess. So glad I wasn't on propane at the time, or there would have been a fire.

I decided to eliminate that fire danger by installing the 120v compressor system. The propane, heaters, and much of the wiring is eliminated. It took a bit of fine tuning to get the temps right (it cools so much, that they give you a great twin fan unit for the interior of the refrigerator that clips on the cooling fins), moving the fans and thermistor around a bit, and adjusting the temp setting.

Now, on hot days I set it to #3, on cold days, #2 will do the trick. Cooling and freezing is very consistent and predictable. It still does the Norcold defrost cycle every 36 hours (or so) but the recovery is much faster.

And the unit will run off my 1000w msw inverter when travelling or boondocking, as it only uses about 66w when the compressor is running. I love having lots of ice cubes, and actual, frozen hard ice crème.

Just my experience over the last 3 months, so far, so good. Oh, and they give out a 3 year warranty, with an optional 3 years more for a nominal fee.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:47 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I confirm everything. I did it too.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I finally found the needed diagram.

It is a Norcold publication available to all those who purchased the Norcold model 633275 card.

It was not that difficult.

I insert the diagram for those who may need it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diagram.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	173001  

Tags
electrical