Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2022, 01:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Coleman Mach Warranty Replacement

On my 2021 View, the Coleman-Mach went out (May 2022), Coleman-Mach is replacing it under warranty, just not sure when. It has been on order for 2 months and still no estimated departure from Coleman-Mach. Any ideas on how to get a replacement or an upgrade, willing to pay the difference for an upgraded air conditioner, better than losing the entire summer because Coleman Mach can't fill the warranty.
SRJColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #2
Site Team

You are pretty much at the mercy of the available supply. It's peak summer RV season. And that means it's peak A/C breakdown and replacement season too.

I have heard, and experienced for myself, that Warranty replacements take priority over other orders. I don't know if it matters who filed the warranty claim. Last year mine went out and my repair shop was an Authorized Coleman-Mach Warranty dealer and the replacement only took a month. But I know of others here that waiting for a very long time to get a warranty replacement.

As to buying another A/C and then selling your replacement when it comes in, that would work. But I don't know if anyone has any RV A/C units in stock right now.

I'm in the same boat right now except it's not an A/C this time, it's my Catalytic Converter. Mine was stolen and there are none available in stock or from Ford. So, I feel your pain.

You're close enough to cool temps at higher altitude based on where you live that it seems you could still go camping easily without a working A/C.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:23 PM   #3
Site Team

Last year, it took 10 months for my AC/Heat Pump to come in. I think I am probably the worst case scenario and I hear the backlog has somewhat improved now. Definitely feel your pain and wish you the best.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 04:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Last summer I was in the same situation. Waited months with a local dealer. I ended up calling the Winnebago service center and they had them….drove 1500 miles and they put it in the first morning I was there, (without an appt). I stayed up in the UP of Michigan for over 6 weeks and made a great trip of it. Might be an option.
NavOwner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, replace, ace