Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-26-2022, 04:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Chassis AC Filter 2011 Journey 34Y?

2011 Journey 34y.
Recently, been having some problems with Chassis / Dash AC.
It’s been mentioned that there could be a clogged filter in the circulation system. I have checked manuals and searched forum. If there is a filter, I can’t seem to find the location.
Does anyone know where one would be located, if there is one?
Want to correct anything basic before taking it in for repair.
Thanks for your helpful advice.
Old 10-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Write down your vin numbers and make a quick call to Winnebago customer service or Lichtsinn RV
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There is a super great item I really like for finding things on RV here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2011/17462304.htm

Drilling down to the auto air on your RV, I see no filter--but I could just be missing it! Nothing listed in the parts list at right and none that I see looking like a filter.

But If the airflow is really restricted,I might want tocheck one place where things "might" get clogged.

Kind of streching for me to think it gets clogged enough to not get air, so consider if that is the true problem. But here is what the drawings show is there.

First is the look at the heat/air parts from inside.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blower.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	184298

There is an intake vent near the floor where the air is sucked in. That is where I would expect any filter and see none. From there air passes over the heating and cooling coils, goes to the blower and then up and out to all the ducts.

From the side?

Name:	blower1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	184299

And what a really motivated person might want to check?

Under the hood, there is likely to be a big box covering the coilsand it "could" have something really clogging it like a rat's nest, etc. but that is not one I've seen.

Name:	blower 2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	184300

But before jumping there, what do you find? Is the air just not blowing strong enough, like stopped up vents or is the blower just running too slow like a problem with controls?
Or is the air moving but just not cool enough? I have to use a thermometer to tell me the true temp and if it is getting the air to drop about 20 degrees from going in to coming out, I have to call that good enough.

There is a fair amoutn of work to taking that cover off and other things that might be fooling you!
One is a valve that fitsin the water line from the engine tothat space when we needheat. That valve should open for heat and close when we want cool. So if that valve sticks and you get heat and air, it can make you thing the air is at fault! Heat beats the cold!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, chassis