Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Brand new Coleman

Hi all,
Our 3 month old 24d View AC has started to blow hot air...can’t believe it. How can a brand new rv have so many issues? 1. Awning wouldn’t go in, 2, Murphy bed broke and wouldn’t go up, and now 3. AC blowing hot air, not just outside air. I’ve read that they have to be replaced as their is not way to recharge. Any ideas how long it takes to get a replacement AC. Winnebago hasn’t been real quick on the parts. Have any of you had to replace your Coleman Mach 15k AC, and if so how long did it take including installation. Thanks
Frazier5421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would think you could take to your dealer, and they could fix under warranty. We replaced our A/C unit in a week. They are throw away units. One with a heat pump was around $1600 with installation. This was with a heat pump.

Sorry to hear about your issues.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, That’s what we are counting on, ive emailed the service director twice with no response. I’ll try again tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Don't email. Call, call, call. Become a pest. Tell them you need to bring it in and you need it back by a certain date. (you have a big trip planned and you need the A/C working). Give them a timeframe. You leave it open ended, they will book you in September.

I'm assuming your working with the dealer that sold you the unit. A dealership that has a good service department your lucky. Having a dealer with poor service, and it's a nightmare.

If you are not getting the service you need, in the end give them a poor review all over the internet. People need to know.

Dealers want to sell you, but your a red-headed step-child when you need service.

I would also bring up the fact you just bought this unit, and this should move you up the priority list for your dealer. (should). I would think any new unit with issues they would want to take care of quickly, and i would make a point of this.

good luck
Old 08-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the advice. They were pretty good at first but now we have to leave it for a week or two and get in the que. if we take it home to get it plugged in a kept cool, we had to go the end of the line. No preference for buying it there anymore...sad but they are the only Winnebago dealer in town.